Do you hate your league? I do

Here are offers I have received! Share all the dumb offers right here! I need some where to vent. LOL

Their team                for                          My  Team

1 B. Giles                                                  G. Sheffield

P. Byrd

2 M. Mora              for                        H. Blalock

D. Davis                                                J Nathan

3K. Griffey Jr.        for                      C. Zambrano

J. Cantú                                            G. Sheffield

B. Chen

4J. Encarnación      for                        A. Jones

N. Johnson

5J. Encarnación      for                        V. Guerrero

6K. Griffey Jr.        for                            G. Sheffield

N. Johnson

8K. Griffey Jr.        for                        A. Jones

N. Johnson                                        R. Dempster

9M. Alou                  for                        G. Sheffield

D. Eckstein                                          A. Béltre

Reed Johnson                                      C. Figgins

:banghead

I often send out less than good trades to start because I want to see what teams are interested in what.

I take my trades usually as an invitation to deal.

IE my last round in a league I sent out trades either with Vernon Wells or Pat Burrel for starting pitcher.

Every one of those trades I sent I would of considered a win if it was accepted, many get rejected but if some one reoffers a trade, then I start to look for what they want etc to try and get the edge.

You do not know what some one will do unless you try.

SB

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
I often send out less than good trades to start because I want to see what teams are interested in what.

I take my trades usually as an invitation to deal.

IE my last round in a league I sent out trades either with Vernon Wells or Pat Burrel for starting pitcher.

Every one of those trades I sent I would of considered a win if it was accepted, many get rejected but if some one reoffers a trade, then I start to look for what they want etc to try and get the edge.

You do not know what some one will do unless you try.

SB

I see what your saying. These are trade proposals from June alone. I rejected a lot of trades in april and may. They offer me the same s***.

Unfortunately, half the players in my league are AWOL and have been for some time. This leads to the rest of us trying to one-up each other using the FA list and no trades. To try to get things going I made the first successful deal in my league, which was completed just today. It may have been a bit lopsided but I really did need the player I was hunting.

I traded:

Roy Oswalt

Miguel Batista

I got:

Chad Cordero

Tim Wakefield

Chad becomes my primary closer, and I have Todd Jones and Chris Reitsma for saves as well. I have other good pitchers - Garcia, Rogers, and Morris to name a few, so hopefully dealing the Big "O" won't come back and bite me in the ass ;)

I've gotten some beauties, especially in my leagues where I'm struggling. Teams seem to think I'm going to give up proven players for whoever is hot or ranked high at the moment. The ones that frustrate me the most are when someone offers me a player who plays the same position as the guy they want. Obviously they'd rather have the guy on my team, so what makes them think I'm any different? I also highly dislike 2-1 trades with me giving up the best player in the deal by far. I admit some of them might have helped, but I reject an awful lot of trades. I'm not big on counter offers because the guys I counter for are usually guys they don't want to trade, even if it would be fair given the guy they are asking for. I'm a little weird with trades. Usually I don't propose a deal unless I think there is at least some chance that the other guy will accept it. However, sometimes when I'm looking for deals I offer something a bit unfair. However, I typically am more willing to deal major players than most owners.