Jazz draft D. Williams

Can some of you Illinois fans tell me if this was a good draft for the Jazz? What also should be expected of him and does he have the potential to be great? I know he's going to be called by Jazz fans "the next John Stockton" but what's a better comparison of him to any NBA player?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
Slower Jason Kidd maybe?

I dunno about comparison

Good on ball defender, can run and slow it down, great vision, solid J

So you're basically saying he'll fit Sloan's system. What's his personality like?

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
but wharris gave you the basic lowdown. 

his shot isn't the best, but he knows how to control an offense.

Controlling the offense is what needs to be done for the Jazz. It'd be foolish to compare him to Stockton but hopefully he can have a successful career in Utah.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)
Controlling the offense is what needs to be done for the Jazz. It'd be foolish to compare him to Stockton but hopefully he can have a successful career in Utah.

he's a great passer, but of course he was surrounding by guys who knew how to get open.

i'll be following him during his career, he was great for us.

He played his professional position at the college level and that really boosted his stock in my opinion. He proved he could run the point, hit big shots, hit above average from the field, defend, find the open man. He's going to be great for the Jazz and is a great fit for Sloan.

I'm proud of my boy and I can't wait to watch him at the professional level--couldn't have happened to a better guy, I'm so happy for him and his family.

He officially has the hottest gf/soon to be wife in the NBA. Amy Williams is just amazingly hot.

Anyway, about DeRon, you won't be dissapointed if you are a Utah fan. I'll try to give a simple breakdown.

He's a big point guard who excels in the half court. Really knows how to control and slow down his team. He's a pace setter. If there's a fastbreak to be had, he'll make sure you'll score. He's great at setting up his own teammates and weaving in and out of traffic. He's a team leader. He's not given enough respect for his athleticism. He recently lost 15 pounds and he's faster than ever. He'll be something special and will make a great tandem with Andrei Kirilenko.

In simple terms, think Jason Kidd with a better jumper.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 04:45 AM)
He's a big point guard who excels in the half court. Really knows how to control and slow down his team. He's a pace setter. If there's a fastbreak to be had, he'll make sure you'll score. He's great at setting up his own teammates and weaving in and out of traffic. He's a team leader. He's not given enough respect for his athleticism. He recently lost 15 pounds and he's faster than ever. He'll be something special and will make a great tandem with Andrei Kirilenko.

In simple terms, think Jason Kidd with a better jumper.

I don't know s*** about this guy or any other college player for the matter, but you're putting him and Jason Kidd in the same sentence? That doesn't sound like nonsense to you?

That's why I wait until these guys actually play in the NBA, and then I evaluate them. I find it odd that people will just compare some raw, unproven motherf***ers to NBA legends like Jason Kidd and John Stockton. Is nothing sacred?

Yeah, let's put a stop to this. Otherwise, your review was informative, at least in my particular case. I just can't stand college sports.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)
I don't know s*** about this guy or any other college player for the matter, but you're putting him and Jason Kidd in the same sentence?  That doesn't sound like nonsense to you?

That's why I wait until these guys actually play in the NBA, and then I evaluate them.  I find it odd that people will just compare some raw, unproven motherf***ers to NBA legends like Jason Kidd and John Stockton.  Is nothing sacred?

Yeah, let's put a stop to this.  Otherwise, your review was informative, at least in my particular case.  I just can't stand college sports.

I don't know if you're talking about me also, but I was just wondering how he did in college and stuff.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 01:18 AM)
Hammerhead, maybe this is just me, but I dont personally think JKidd is a legend.  I agree though about comparing players to proven stars.

One of the best defensive point guards to ever play professional basketball. Only a hand ful of players in the league have the iq/ court vision that compares to his. How many triple doubles has this guy raked up as a point guard? 9.3 assists per game through out his entire career? You will hear players compared to him for fifty years, in other words a legend and first ballot hall of famer.