6/28 Games

danman31

Charlotte and Bristol are the only affiliates in action today. Birmingham and Great Falls got rained out. Bullard is starting for Charlotte, rocky so far. Meanwhile, the Carolina/California League All-Star game is today as well as the South Atlantic League All-Star game.

The Warthogs have Daigle, Valido, Collaro, Haigwood, and Wasserman on the team. Valido went 0-3 with a strikeout and 4 left on base, ouch. Daigle 1-3, run, K. Collaro 2-3, 2B, RBI, K. Haigwood had a 1-2-3 2nd inning with 2 strikeouts. Wasserman yet to pitch. Cali/Car All-Star Game Coverage

In the SAL All-Star game Cook and Liotta were on the team. Cook hasn't played yet. Liotta got in for the 4th and gave up 3 runs, 1 earned, on 2 hits. SAL All-Star Game Coverage

Edited by danman31

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 01:47 AM)
I am stunned at the Grounds crew in NC calling this game a little before 12:00 saying wet grounds no tarp was on the field this is the second time the grounds crew have done this to the Barons.

Some teams and front offices just suck........ no other way to put it.

Wasserman pitched a scoreless 8th, King 1 and giving up a leadoff single. Meanwhile, Cook struck out in his only at-bat of the SAL game.

In regular action, Charlotte lost 4-3. Gload began another rehab stint going 2-4. Bullard had a better start, but still not pretty. 5.1 IP with 4 runs against, all from 3 HRs. Box Score

Bristol lost 7-3. 2 hits for Sanchez and Acosta. After another shelling Cortes has an ERA of 81. Yippee. Box Score

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 03:28 AM)
Some teams and front offices just suck........ no other way to put it.

Wasn't that Cortes's first shelling and first game action. The other Cortez (see the z on the end) has been shelled previously.

Wasn't that Cortes's first shelling and first game action. The other Cortez (see the z on the end) has been shelled previously.

I agree, I think there are two different guys. I can't keep up with all the Rodriguez's in the Sox organization either. :lol: There are at least 4.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
I agree, I think there are two different guys.  I can't keep up with all the Rodriguez's in the Sox organization either. :lol: There are at least 4.

and the Acosta's, 3 of them too. All in rookie league.

QUOTE(MnSoxFan @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)

Bah, that's what happens when people kept changing from Cortes to Cortez when he got drafted. It's not fair to have 2 of them, both pitchers. :bang