Sox vs. Tigers 6/29/05 6:05 CST Gamethread

Capn12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Cooper told B-Mac not to shake off the catchers, I want the Sox to put the responsibility for bad outings at this stage of his career on the coaches and/or the catchers.

It will keep his pace up and make him think less out there.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)
I hope Cooper told B-Mac not to shake off the catchers, I want the Sox to put the responsibility for bad outings at this stage of his career on the coaches and/or the catchers. 

It will keep his pace up and make him think less out there.

Hell, as good as our catcher's have been at calling games, the less people shake them off the better. Go ask Buehrle. When's the last time he shook off a catcher? 2002?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 12:43 PM)
Hell, as good as our catcher's have been at calling games, the less people shake them off the better.  Go ask Buehrle.  When's the last time he shook off a catcher?  2002?

i think mccarthy will be good in comericahhhhhhhhhh...TODAY!!!!.......TODAY!!!!

Edited by jerseysox

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
Hell, as good as our catcher's have been at calling games, the less people shake them off the better.  Go ask Buehrle.  When's the last time he shook off a catcher?  2002?

Conteras only shakes off pitches if you put anything but the forkball down. If you use the forkball sign like 90% of the time. He wont shake off any pitch.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
Conteras only shakes off pitches if you put anything but the forkball down.  If you use the forkball sign like 90% of the time.  He wont shake off any pitch.

Thank you for proving my point.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 12:51 PM)
Conteras only shakes off pitches if you put anything but the forkball down.  If you use the forkball sign like 90% of the time.  He wont shake off any pitch.

You know what pisses me off about that is that Contreras cannot understand that calling his own game and doing things his own way are the reasons that he hasnt had the career that he has expected. Put 2 and 2 together, Jose, it aint hard. Cooper should make a deal with him: Let AJ call the entire game, no questions asked. If you get lit up, we do it your way. If you dont, then you do it our way.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
Just curious: Who won last night, Twinkies or Royale's?

Twinks. Some alien named Leo Nunez couldnt hold them down and they had about 6 hits in a row in the 7th or 8th.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:55 AM)
You know what pisses me off about that is that Contreras cannot understand that calling his own game and doing things his own way are the reasons that he hasnt had the career that he has expected. Put 2 and 2 together, Jose, it aint hard.  Cooper should make a deal with him:  Let AJ call the entire game, no questions asked. If you get lit up, we do it your way.  If you dont, then you do it our way.

They should just have Conteras watch Bull Durham. Have them edit all the susan sarandon crap out, and just focus on the catcher and meat dialogue.

DONT THINK MEAT, IT HURTS THE TEAM.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
Twinks. Some alien named Leo Nunez couldnt hold them down and they had about 6 hits in a row in the 7th or 8th.

f***. Why didn;t they keep Sisco in? Pena > Buddy Bell.

BTW, this discussion about Contreras is simple. He has confidence issues. He gave up the bomb to Ramirez on a hanging forkball after he threw a forkball in the dirt. HAVE FAITH IN YOUR f***ING PITCHES AND LET AJ CALL THE GAME!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
f***. Why didn;t they keep Sisco in? Pena > Buddy Bell.

Sisco was the problem. He loaded the bases and Nunez came in and couldnt hold it down.

Pena gave up and quit. Buddy Bell>Tony Pena

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:58 AM)
Twinks.   Some alien named Leo Nunez couldnt hold them down and they had about 6 hits in a row in the 7th or 8th.

Alien. Nice. Oh, that's not racist.

Edited by longshot7

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
Alien.  Nice.  Oh, that's not racist.

LOL, now Im racist. I was making a reference to a discussion that was had last night when Leo Nunez made an appearance, and his picture was posted on the board. The kid is not photogenic. He looks like he is from outer space.

Now I am off to a lynching, thankyouverymuch......

Lineups are in. No Arow tonight.

Starting Lineups

No. Chicago White Sox

1 Scott Podsednik, CF

2 Tadahito Iguchi, 2B

3 Frank Thomas, DH

4 Paul Konerko, 1B

5 Carl Everett, LF

6 Jermaine Dye, RF

7 A.J. Pierzynski, C

8 Joe Crede, 3B

9 Juan Uribe, SS