Sox vs. Tigers 6/29/05 6:05 CST Gamethread

Capn12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank's success right out of the gates made him think that he could just rely on hitting homers, and he's be able to do it at a great rate. However, his swing is so f***ed up right now. His entire backside is collapsing, and his swing is as bad as I've ever seen it. I would have rather had OMIT up that AB than Frank.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 01:56 AM)
ENOUGH OF THOMAS IN THE 3RD HOLE!  He's turned into one of the most selfish hitters I've ever seen in baseball.

A pitch right down broadway, and he's selfish?

Hmm... Should I trust the guy who has gotten on-base at a .400+ clip for most of his career, or a message board lurker?

GMAFB. I can live with your first statement, but quit the bulls***. Selfish my ass.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 01:56 AM)
ENOUGH OF THOMAS IN THE 3RD HOLE!  He's turned into one of the most selfish hitters I've ever seen in baseball.

Wtf? Is he not allowed to have a little slump after hitting 234242424 homers in a row?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)

Hmm...  Should I trust the guy who has gotten on-base at a .400+ clip for most of his career, or a message board lurker?

GMAFB.  I can live with your first statement, but quit the bulls***.  Selfish my ass.

Well, i Don't know if it's selfishness, but it's quite obvious that all Frank cares about at this point in his career are HRs. He wants to get to 500

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
We're still playing for that 3 run homer it seems like.  We have no balance in our lineup right now with all our speed at the top, and it creates a situation where it's either homer or nothing for far too many hitters.

If Harris isn't pinch running, or Podsednik not getting on base, the Sox don't steal anymore.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 01:58 AM)

Hmm...  Should I trust the guy who has gotten on-base at a .400+ clip for most of his career, or a message board lurker?

GMAFB.  I can live with your first statement, but quit the bulls***.  Selfish my ass.

Right now, he's not the same hitter he used to be in terms of his approach. Yes, I consider Frank extremely selfish now. He's had 3 opportunities with a RISP this game, and he's been swinging out of his ass for the fences every time.