Sox vs. Tigers 6/29/05 6:05 CST Gamethread

Capn12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)
What did I miss? Excuses for what? The Sox are a good team playing aggressive ball and the breaks go the way of those that play hard.

I'm talking about why B-Mac didn't give up a run that inning.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:25 AM)
I see what you were getting at now. Sorry, but I still say the same thing. Do you agree?

Oh yes absolutely. Unfortunately the glass half full approach is used more than the glass half empty.

I said this last night, and I'll ask again: Are we better without Frank in the lineup? He can't be swinging out of his ass in situations where a simply single into the outfield scores a run. Especially with the way Everett is hitting now, I'm of the opinion that are best lineup has Everett at DH.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
I said this last night, and I'll ask again:  Are we better without Frank in the lineup?  He can't be swinging out of his ass in situations where a simply single into the outfield scores a run.  Especially with the way Everett is hitting now, I'm of the opinion that are best lineup has Everett at DH.

Frank doesn't want base hits. Frank wants home runs.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 06:22 PM)
Oh God.  Come on.  That was so friggin' lucky.  The whole inning was.

Was that good pitching by McCarthy or horrible hitting by the Tigers?

Can anyone on the sox ever do anything right??? First off it was good f***in hitting by pudge to hit that ball down the line cause that pitch was right in on his hands. Monroe did his job getting Pudge over and then Brandon made another good pitch for the fielders choice at home. Guess what just cause you dont like Brandon doesn't mean he can't be good at times.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:29 AM)
Sometimes it seems like Iguchi doesn't even know whetere Pods is going or not.  And I think it hurts him sometimes.

I think we either have to put on the hit-and-run for Pods and Iguchi, or just not have Iguchi swing if Pods is going. You're right though, he really does seem to have some issues with that situation.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:29 AM)
Frank doesn't want base hits. Frank wants home runs.

Exactly, and I don't think that approach will work well with the rest of this team, especially the way that Ozzie thinks he should manage. Basically, I dont want Iguchi giving himself up in order to get Pods to 2nd base. Might as well save the out, and see if Iguchi can get on base also.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
5 K's and 0 BB's now for B-Mac. Lookin good.

NEVER

WHAT KIND OF PIECE OF s*** WOULD GIVE UP 2 RUNS IN 5 INNINGS?

5 IP

2 ER

5 K

0 BB

What a scrub.

Edited by WHarris1