Sox vs. Tigers 6/29/05 6:05 CST Gamethread

Capn12

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 05:49 PM)
Didn't he go on the Bereavement List?

And Balta, you're right.  I forgot about that fly out to CF.

I didn't know for sure, and if he went on it wouldn't we have called someone up to replace him?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:49 AM)
The difference is that Jason Johnson GETS to pitch at Comerica for his home games.  McCarthy will have to pitch at the Cell during home games.

Well do you think Detroit would :wub: to have B-Mac then, instead of someone like Ledezma?

Garcia's a flyball pitcher too, and he's had a good season. Buerhle has terrible splits at the Cell last season, and he's been great there this year. It's POSSIBLE to pitch well there.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)
How is Pods such a God-awful fielder?  f***ing ass, this better not cost McCarthy the win.

he hasn't played center all year, relax kid.

I'm sorry, but your rookie pitcher allows two straight flyouts to the wall in a one run game, you pull him before he faces someone that has already homered against him. However, another example of why just because your fast, it doesn't make you a good outfielder.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:53 AM)
I dunnno. That's a tough play no matter what.

Disagree with that. First, Pods is playing way too shallow in the outfield, especially when we have a one run lead late in the game (even Hawk pointed that out). Pods does an awful job at trying to run with the ball, instead of just running to a spot. Look at how easily Nook caught PK's long flyball earlier in this game.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
He's a bad center fielder but  he's played left just fine imo, nothing spectacular but good enough.

exactly. you want everett in there for "the best lineup", something's gotta give.

believe it or not, the sox aren't the perfect team.