Sox vs. Tigers 6/29/05 6:05 CST Gamethread

Capn12

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 01:58 AM)
Well, i Don't know if it's selfishness, but it's quite obvious that all Frank cares about at this point in his career are HRs. He wants to get to 500

I certainly don't see that. He's still walking about as much as he was.

I dunno, I bet a guy on this team could have a .950 OBP, and some of you would b**** about the .050 that he didn't get on base.

But I'll digress and limit my posting in these threads. b**** away.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
If Harris isn't pinch running, or Podsednik not getting on base, the Sox don't steal anymore.

It's ridiculous. We've reverted back to last year's team so gradually, that most of us didn't even notice. I dunno, but did it start when a certain player came back to the team?

The thing is, Frank should have never been playing tonight if Ozzie is planning on playing him only 2 out of every 3 games in a series. With the soft-tossing lefty tomorrow, Frank was a much better match-up than against Johnson.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)
It's ridiculous.  We've reverted back to last year's team so gradually, that most of us didn't even notice.  I dunno, but did it start when a certain player came back to the team?

We also slammed into an 8 game winning streak when he came back.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
:lolhitting  on you- Frank is washed up. He takes waaayyy too many pitches. We dont need him

Frank takes way too many pitches? I am boggled. We b**** when our hitters don't take pitches, we b**** when Frank takes too many pitches.

Tell me, baseball gurus...what is the exact number of pitches each hitter is supposed to take? Is there a specific number?

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
Frank takes way too many pitches? I am boggled. We b**** when our hitters don't take pitches, we b**** when Frank takes too many pitches.

Tell me, baseball gurus...what is the exact number of pitches each hitter is supposed to take? Is there a specific number?

DUH

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:02 AM)
It's ridiculous.  We've reverted back to last year's team so gradually, that most of us didn't even notice.  I dunno, but did it start when a certain player came back to the team?

Don't get me wrong, Frank is easily the best Sox player ever. However, he's SOOO one-dimensional now, and that one dimenson was something that we didn't really need on this team (if anything, something we needed less of).

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
I certainly don't see that.  He's still walking about as much as he was.

I dunno, I bet a guy on this team could have a .950 OBP, and some of you would b**** about the .050 that he didn't get on base.

But I'll digress and limit my posting in these threads.  b**** away.

I'm not b****ing. Frank pretty much said that he's trying to hit a HR everytime up now. And it's well know that that's because he wants to get to 500. And I don't know if he's drawing walks at the same pace. Maybe. I don't know the numbers. It seems like he's passed up on a chance to take some walks this year though when trying to jack the ball.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:03 AM)

Capn... I just shake my head sometimes.

It's funny -- 'cause you knew if something went wrong when Thomas came back, he'd be immediately blamed for disrupting the 'chemistry'.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
Don't get me wrong, Frank is easily the best Sox player ever.  However, he's SOOO one-dimensional now, and that one dimenson was something that we didn't really need on this team (if anything, something we needed less of).

I know at least three of his homers were in blow-outs. Is there a way to find out how significant they all were?

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
anybody else think uribe was gonna trip over 2nd on that popup?

:lol:

Scared the crap out of me. Anyways Viz looked much better today, he needs to use that sinker of his some more that thing just dies low and away to lefties.