Sox vs. Tigers 6/29/05 6:05 CST Gamethread

Capn12

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
We aint stealing cas they got a strong arm as cathcer (i rod) and we didnt need to steal with a guy on 3rd last inning.

I thought Uribe should have attempted a steal with Iguchi up. If he got thrown out Iguchi leads of the 11th.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:06 PM)
If Uribe didn't make a great play in the bottom of the 9th, you wouldn't be saying that.

the ball was hit softly, it's obviously his fault that it *almost found a hole.

Edited by Soxnbears01

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
Frank takes way too many pitches? I am boggled. We b**** when our hitters don't take pitches, we b**** when Frank takes too many pitches.

Tell me, baseball gurus...what is the exact number of pitches each hitter is supposed to take? Is there a specific number?

Some people are f***ing retarded what can i say. He is taking 3.97 pitches per at-bat ( not updated for todays game). In his career he has averaged 4.04 pitchers per at-bat. So a batter that arguably has the best eye in baseball ( not bonds, i could walk when pitches are thrown four feet off the plate because i am so juiced up no one will pitch to me) should start taking less pitches? He is a obp monster for a reason. Isn't it obvious the more pitches you see in an at-bat it is more likely the pitcher makes a mistake?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
Scared the crap out of me.  Anyways Viz looked much better today, he needs to use that sinker of his some more that thing just dies low and away to lefties.

There's a reason he was so much better against lefties last season.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:07 AM)
Some people are f***ing retarded what can i say. He is taking 3.97 pitches per at-bat ( not updated for todays game). In his career he has averaged 4.04 pitchers per at-bat. So a batter that arguably has the best eye in baseball ( not bonds, i could walk when pitches are thrown four feet off the plate because i am so juiced up no one will pitch to me) should start taking less pitches? He is a obp monster for a reason. Isn't it obvious the more pitches you see in an at-bat it is more likely the pitcher makes a mistake?

Trust me, I'm not concerned with how many pitches Thomas sees. My biggest concern is his approach at the plate in terms of swinging for the fences seemingly no matter what the situation is.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
If Uribe didn't make a great play in the bottom of the 9th, you wouldn't be saying that.

He made a great play on a softly hit ball that would have scored a guy who reached on a bunt . If they lost on that play it would have been a tough luck loss for Vizcaino.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
I don't mind players taking pitches- but when Frank keeps on looking at Strike-3- it gets really annoying.

Fine him.

Anyway, have you watched the sox the last five years? They takes strike out looking more than any team in baseball i would imagine, i wish there was some way to find that out, probally is actually.

Hawk needs to stop saying ''stretch''.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
THOMAS IS FINE f***ERS jesus christ, 1 bad game, a couple bad swings and ur all over him? suck it off nerds

Frank has not had a hit since Friday in his first AB. Just FYI.

"ohh since friday..."

Look at sammy sosa? 1 for 24? or w.e. players slump. it happens. Frank is old u cant expect a homer every game as he seems to be doing.he just came back from an injury, were the best team in baseball, we have B-MAC going tonight, and yet people still cry about how "frank is just going for 500hr", or "uribe shuda had a better play", or "viz is still in? omg we auto lose!!111!11" Its an extra inning game my freinds.

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
"ohh since friday..."

Look at sammy sosa? 1 for 24? or w.e. players slump. it happens. Frank is old u cant expect a homer every game as he seems to be doing.he just came back from an injury, were the best team in baseball, we have B-MAC going tonight, and yet people still cry about how "frank is just going for 500hr", or "uribe shuda had a better play", or "viz is still in? omg we auto lose!!111!11" Its an extra inning game my freinds.

Uh. Ok. I was just letting you know that it's been more than "just one game" like you said.