Sox vs. Tigers 6/29/05 6:05 CST Gamethread

Capn12

Are we seriously arguing about the age of fans. You gotta be kidding me. Age is simply a number. Yes, as you progress, you gain knowledge but young ages do not lessen your fandom and knowledge. All this fan/age crap is exactly that, CRAP. A diehard is a diehard no matter what age.

When you guys hit 21, come to the Red Door in Naperville, we will sort all of this out. :D It's all good.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
Are we seriously arguing about the age of fans. You gotta be kidding me. Age is simply a number. Yes, as you progress, you gain knowledge but young ages do not lessen your fandom and knowledge. All this fan/age crap is exactly that, CRAP. A diehard is a diehard no matter what age.

actaully nobody was arguing with you.

I was still right on that, you sided with the chicks. I cannot believe that about the woman at the door. Is that why you were up my ass tonight? Damn, I could barely hear anything that was going on. In fact I could barely hear her talking back to me.

Actually, the wives sided with me because they were right and so was I , you were wrong. You can put it on the board.

That chick Nancy at the Red Door, she was watching baseball with the Bookworm Guy but she was thinking High and Inside, The High Hard One, Up and In, you know exactly what I'm sayin'. It took a definite turn after you left.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:36 PM)
When you guys hit 21, come to the Red Door in Naperville, we will sort all of this out. :D It's all good.

and we will buy. Be glad to talk about it. until then concentrate on school and enjoy the summer.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
actaully nobody was arguing with you.

I used "we" figuratively as in saying that the posters here at SoxTalk were slightly bickering about the age's of respective fans. Thanks. :headshake

I used "we" figuratively as in saying that the posters here at SoxTalk were slightly bickering about the age's of respective fans. Thanks.  :headshake

See the above post about the Red Door. It's all good. We appreciate younger Sox fans, especially those who know what they're talking about, which is many on this board. Don't take it seriously, we are all in the same boat. :cheers

Leave the arguing to me and quickman, we are Hall of Famers at that stuff.

:fight

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
I used "we" figuratively as in saying that the posters here at SoxTalk were slightly bickering about the age's of respective fans. Thanks.  :headshake

I know I couldn't resist. Be happy to meet up and talk whitesox baseball at anytime. Once we meet in person I am certain we would all get along. Until then its just words in cyberspace.

Once we meet in person I am certain we would all get along. Until then its just words in cyberspace.

Unless your name is Nancy, and you show up at the Red Door with The Bookworm Guy. Then, all bets are off. :bang

Ya enough of that crap. Anyways, we put ourselves in position to lose this game about 5 different times, but it wasn't meant to be. Always big to have the series won before the finale, the road trip is already starting very well. Can we sustain it in Oakland? Well, thats something we all want to see.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
Ya enough of that crap. Anyways, we put ourselves in position to lose this game about 5 different times, but it wasn't meant to be. Always big to have the series won before the finale, the road trip is already starting very well. Can we sustain it in Oakland? Well, thats something we all want to see.

capn, your so right, we should have lost this game 3 times but didn't. That is tremendous and unreal really. Its our year.Thank god as buehrle would say.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
You guys couldn't hang with me then.  I drink until I piss myself.  20 beers usually gets it done.

Nice... when you get older things change. Don't worry you will get there. Until then drink up!

Well, we can't match that. We are usually one per inning. Unless we are arguing, and then it's all over the map. If there is a chick wearing those MSNBC news anchor smart glasses, well, who knows.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
I know I couldn't resist. Be happy to meet up and talk whitesox baseball at anytime. Once we meet in person I am certain we would all get along. Until then its just words in cyberspace.

I tell ya bout them geezers always tryin to pick a fight! ;) I'll admt though, I get into a bunch of arguments but then I think about it and realize, "We're all Sox fan! ENJOY THE WIN!" And I forgive everyone.

BTW, was anything definate said about Hermy and an official start date of bereavement leave? I had the Tigers mlb.tv telecast, and SnR for play by play.

"That beer is toight! toight!"

f***ing Gweido.

Because we are always...soxfans. We have a bond, that nobody can take away.

This is a perfect time for you to go to bed, you are all warm and cuddly. Way different than last Saturday when you came home after the Blatz bar, unbelieveable. :ph34r:

Well, we can't match that.  We are usually one per inning.  Unless we are arguing, and then it's all over the map.  If there is a chick wearing those MSNBC news anchor smart glasses, well, who knows.

I usually like buying a 30-pack of PBR from Jewel and drowning my sorrows in it until I pass out.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
BTW, was anything definate said about Hermy and an official start date of bereavement leave? I had the Tigers mlb.tv telecast, and SnR for play by play.

"That beer is toight! toight!"

f***ing Gweido.

according to the radio, he was there tonight, so I have no idea what ozzie was thinking. Its not like he has been used alot.