Sox vs. Tigers 6/29/05 6:05 CST Gamethread

Capn12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 05:53 PM)
Well, his ERA is over 8, so maybe they are just assuming.  :huh

Need I point out the "Looking Back" thread on this board's track record with assumptions??

BMac may not be MLB ready yet, but jeez. People here act like we started him over Roger Clemens or passed on a trade for Roy Halliday to play BMac instead.

He only gave up 2 runs so far...

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:51 PM)
Please don't compare Diaz to McCarthy. They're not even close, B-Mac just isn't ready yet.

Says who? Weren't a lot of people saying that all Diaz needed was more seasoning last year?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:56 AM)
Ozuna helps this team more than McCarthy does...  so yes. :lolhitting

Brandon McCarthy pitching right now >>>>>>>>>>>>> Pablo Ozuna at third base. ;)

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
Need I point out the "Looking Back" thread on this board's track record with assumptions??

BMac may not be MLB ready yet, but jeez. People here act like we started him over Roger Clemens or passed on a trade for Roy Halliday to play BMac instead.

He only gave up 2 runs so far...

Nono, I was just saying that his night so far is in line with his ERA, so its about what we should expect. Little less than a run an inning overall.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
Says who?  Weren't a lot of people saying that all Diaz needed was more seasoning last year?

Who has better stuff, seriously?

If you say Diaz you are on drugs.

I said "please pull him now" because he looks god-awful out there and has looked god-awful since the Cubs game. I'd rather have Cotts in for the next five than BMac for any of them. I tried to put an optimistic spin on things after his last start, but there's no silver lining in the way he looks. He's just done. At least for the time being.

Also, I told you guys Frank's average would come down :bang :bang

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:58 AM)
Says who?  Weren't a lot of people saying that all Diaz needed was more seasoning last year?

1 - Diaz is a marginal prospect. B-Mac is not.

2 - Diaz has about 5 to 6 years of minor league experience. B-Mac has about 2 to 2 and a half.

3 - Diaz should be a reliever. B-Mac will not be.

And I think more people used the "Tee-Ball" reference with Diaz than the "seasoning" excuse.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 06:00 PM)
I said "please pull him now" because he looks god-awful out there and has looked god-awful since the Cubs game. I'd rather have Cotts in for the next five than BMac for any of them. I tried to put an optimistic spin on things after his last start, but there's no silver lining in the way he looks. He's just done. At least for the time being.

Also, I told you guys Frank's average would come down  :bang  :bang

Um..Cotts is one of our main set-up men.

His arm has not been stretched out this year for FIVE innings.

Edited by RibbieRubarb