Sox vs. Tigers 6/29/05 6:05 CST Gamethread

Capn12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:04 AM)
Uh, I wasn't implying that Cotts would be effective for 5 innings or that he was prepared to do it. I would just rather see it than this.

Well what's the point of him doing it then, if he's not going to be effective? :bang

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)
Despite the inning BMac just had, Cotts would be more effective blindfolded for the next 5.

IMHO.

Let's just put Pablo Ozuna on the mound instead. Would please someone I guess. :huh

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
Who has better stuff, seriously?

If you say Diaz you are on drugs.

McCarthy has a better curve, but Diaz had a better changeup. However, McCarthy is younger and has a lot more room to add physical strength. One thing that is very noticeable tonight is how skinny his lower body is.

Something just clicked between Brandon and AJ right there and by that I mean AJ realized that Brandon has a changeup, he threw more that inning then all his other starts combined. I got a good feeling for the rest of this game with Brandon.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
Something just clicked between Brandon and AJ right there and by that I mean AJ realized that Brandon has a changeup, he threw more that inning then all his other starts combined.  I got a good feeling for the rest of this game with Brandon.

I'm a firm believer that we're going to have to acquire a 5th starter before this season is over. However, if McCarthy is pitching at the MLB level, then of course I'm going to cheer him on. It's very obvious that location is the biggest issue which will dictate his success during a game.