Hermanson may miss some time in the near future...

Jabroni

:pray for the Hermanson family.

Also, right now it HAS to be Baj coming up for this time. Just let Jenks bide his time and show a sustained period of sucess before we bring him up during a pennant race. Baj has put up a couple of solid years, and doesn't have the mental issues that Jenks has.

I think Politte has developed a taste for closing. He is nearly unhittable when runners are in scoring position in tight games. I would trust him no problem.

AND, if Politte excelled, I would consider flipping Politte and Hermanson in their roles when Hermanson came back. Politte rules.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
I think Politte has developed a taste for closing. He is nearly unhittable when runners are in scoring position in tight games. I would trust him no problem.

AND, if Politte excelled, I would consider flipping Politte and Hermanson in their roles when Hermanson came back. Politte rules.

I like the fact that we can use Politte at anytime from the 6th to the 9th inning, against another teams top RH hitters. I wouldn't want to see him closing with Hermanson around, just for that reason.

Personally if I am Ozzie, I throw Shingo out there and give him a chance to prove himself again. After the season Takatsu had last year, he deserves a second chance at closing.

No to Politte closing. He wasn't too successful in Toronto at it anyway. If ain't broke, don't fix it. He's been one of the most dominating setup-men in baseball this year. I hate to say it, but we should Shingo a shot. If he fails, then we have many other options.

:pray Dustin

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
No to Politte closing.  He wasn't too successful in Toronto at it anyway.  If ain't broke, don't fix it.  He's been one of the most dominating setup-men in baseball this year.  I hate to say it, but we should Shingo a shot.  If he fails, then we have many other options.

:pray Dustin

I dont know how this applies really. he wasnt good at much of anything with Toronto, closing, relieving, whatever. Sometimes players take longer to get where they need to be.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:32 AM)
My sig is not tongue-in-cheek. Crede has a great swing.

If you are the opposing pitcher, its a perfect swing.

Its also perfect for missing fastballs low and away. Also sliders low and away.

Fastballs over the middle, fastballs in.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 01:10 PM)
Thought and Prayers go out to Dustin and his family.

For sure. We'll all :pray for Hermy's family.

BTW: I didn't knwo the Magic # was already down to 80. Last I remember it was like 109!!!!!!