July Schedule

I'll believe the Twins are dead when we drive a stake through Torii Hunter's heart, so, just for the record here are the respective schedules for July:

TWINS

Home

3 vs. Tampa

4 vs. Angels

3 vs. Orioles

AWAY

3 vs. Angels

4 vs. KC

5 vs. Detroit, including day night double header

3 vs. Yankees

3 vs. Red Sox

SOX

HOME

3 vs. Tampa

3 vs. Oakland

3 vs Tigers

4 vs Red Sox

AWAY

3 vs. Oakland

4 vs. Indians

3 vs. KC

3 vs. Orioles

Let's extend the lead before that August schedule kicks in.

Edited by Al Lopez's Ghost

QUOTE(kane0730 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)
I'm actually more worried about Cleveland.  They are finally starting to hit.

Im really not too worried about Cleveland right now. They went on a really good hitting tear and winning streak, but they did it against San Francisco, Colorado, and Arizona. Arizona has some pitching and hitting, but Colorado and SF are drudging the bottom of the league in pitching. If they sweep the Red Sox in Fenway, I will change my tune. But I really dont see it happening.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)
QUOTE(kane0730 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)

I'm actually more worried about Cleveland.  They are finally starting to hit.

Im really not too worried about Cleveland right now. They went on a really good hitting tear and winning streak, but they did it against San Francisco, Colorado, and Arizona. Arizona has some pitching and hitting, but Colorado and SF are drudging the bottom of the league in pitching. If they sweep the Red Sox in Fenway, I will change my tune. But I really dont see it happening.

Even if they did manage to sweep the Bosox, first let's remember that just a week ago, Boston swept the Indians in Cleveland. Boston just might not be a good team to evaluate potential opponents against, because so much of their team right now depends on a bullpen that can be great 1 night and horrific the next.

I think that at best, they'll wind up being a few games over .500. Before the AS Break, they have 3 more 4 game series, 1 at Baltimore, 1 with Detroit, and then 1 in New York. I need to see them dominate before the AS break before I even begin to be concerned.

Edited by Balta1701

Lets just take one game at a time- and not take any opponent for granted. Remember July looks easy on paper BUT, Oakland has improved tremendously, Cleveland and Detroit is no easy task, and Boston and Baltamore are AL East power-houses.

July isn't as easy as people think- if anything September is the easiest as we are playing awesome baseball vs the AL central.

But like i said before- take one game at a time and one opponent at a time- i dont care if its Boston or KC, lets continue to play solid baseball.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
I'm worried about them because when they do hit, the win games in bunches.

Cleveland has one 9 game winning streak this season, their next longest streak is 4 . They also have a couple of 4 game losing streaks, while the Sox haven't lost more than 3 in a row. And have three 8 game winning streaks.