Corwin Malone.........

MurcieOne

The power lefty cant hit the broad side of a barn...........

14 k's 22 bb's

If he doesnt find the strikezone.........he'll never make it past AA........ which is a shame because the kid is THAT talented.

Corwin was much better in his last start.

At this point, I think getting anything from him should be considered a success. He is just lost and can't seem to find it.

14 k's 22 bb's

If he doesnt find the strikezone.........he'll never make it past AA........ which is a shame because the kid is THAT talented.

At this point, I think getting anything from him should be considered a success. He is just lost and can't seem to find it.

I think that it may just be his mechanics....... which fortunately isn't impossible to change.

14 k's 22 bb's

I think that it may just be his mechanics....... which fortunately isn't impossible to change.

I think it is his brain.

I think it's he's just had a good year, everyone thought he was something, and now you all realize he's a dud.

Happens all the time.... See Miles, Aaron for a good example.

Bid difference in Miles and Malone. Tools wise Malone is a stud, Miles isn't.

Not saying Miles can't make it, ya never know.

Also Murcie, you can fix mechanics. The key is having the stuff. Its difficult to fix someones delivery but when drafted Malone was raw and they have basically been rebuilding his entire delivery since they brought him in.

We just have to be patient with him. It could take him another two or three years, but there isn't a point in moving him cause his value isn't what it once was. Right now we could deal him and get nowhere near the value "prospect wise" for him. Therefor you hold onto him and keep working and stay patient and maybe in 3 or 4 yrs he'll figure it out or maybe it clicks sooner and maybe he fails.

Well control-wise, Malone has already had 2 years were he's walked an inordinate amount of people and a year where he didn't and it appears he's well on his way to #3.

I don't care how many tools a guys got, if he's walking people, he's no good in my book.

That said, I hope Corwin turns it around, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I could see Corwin pitching out of the pen eventually (assuming he ever makes it to the Show) because almost everything is hard. He has a nasty breaking ball but it is not really that much slower. He has mixed in a few changeups and that will be the key to whether he can ever be a starter.

Corwin certainly has the tools, but has a LONG way to go to get to Chicago. With some guys all of a sudden, something clicks and the light goes on. But it seems to be getting darker with him. I hope he turns it around, but I am just not seeing the improvement he needs and in reality have been watching him regress.

I think it's he's just had a good year, everyone thought he was something, and now you all realize he's a dud.

thats why you dont see me jumping into these cotts discussions saying he makes the foulke trade a winner..cotts had a 4 plus era in A ball last year...

Guest hotsoxchick1

how can you even compare the two.. they do totaly different things.......geez doub your just tryin to piss me off arent ya......... ;) :fyou

I could see Corwin pitching out of the pen eventually (assuming he ever makes it to the Show) because almost everything is hard.  He has a nasty breaking ball but it is not really that much slower.  He has mixed in a few changeups and that will be the key to whether he can ever be a starter. 

Corwin certainly has the tools, but has a LONG way to go to get to Chicago.  With some guys all of a sudden, something clicks and the light goes on.  But it seems to be getting darker with him.  I hope he turns it around, but I am just not seeing the improvement he needs and in reality have been watching him regress.

I deeply appreciate your insights on these things - thank you.