NBA Undrafted Players

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
Eddie Basden Charlotte United States Guard 6-5 215

PLEASE PAX

Actually, apparently that's who Paxson's going to invite. He likes his defense and thinks he has a good head on his shoulders.

Anyway, I thought Louis Williams got drafted 2 picks before the last. I think Jackie Manuel would be really solid(a 6'5 SG who's a defensive stopper), Jawad Williams would definately be worth a look if we weren't stacked at SF, Darren Brooks would've been a nice look if we weren't stacked at PG and if Pax didn't offer the QO to Pargo. I think he's a great player though. Where's the love for Cedrick Banks??? Just playing. I think someone will take a shot on him in their summer league considering he's a lefty sharp shooter.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
Actually, apparently that's who Paxson's going to invite. He likes his defense and thinks he has a good head on his shoulders.

i hope your right, should invite numerous players though

QUOTE(farmteam @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
What about an invite to Shenscher, eh?  Prolly not, just throwing it out there.

at this point im fine with any tall player who can play center or power forward and a tall guard

because i heard that lebron is trying to lure eddy curry to the cavs

QUOTE(BurlyMan56 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
Does Roger Powell have any chance of getting picked up...I thought about a month ago they said he could go in the late second round somewhere...Maybe I was wrong?  :huh

He will probally get a few calls as a 11th/12th man as a small foward ( he is the size of decent sized shooting guards in todays game.

QUOTE(BurlyMan56 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
Does Roger Powell have any chance of getting picked up...I thought about a month ago they said he could go in the late second round somewhere...Maybe I was wrong?  :huh

definitely, and i just added him to the list, didnt realize he wasnt on there, i think he will definitely make a team and get a couple invites

Swingmen Alan Anderson of Michigan State and Rawle Marshall of Oakland University figured they would be drafted Tuesday night. Instead, they found themselves trying to hook up with NBA teams as free agents Wednesday.

"Very encouraging," Marshall said of his negotiations. "Right now, Memphis has put a good offer on the table. It's going to be between Memphis, Dallas and Chicago. I'll have to hear back from my agent."

Marshall, from Detroit Mackenzie, averaged 19.9 points for the Golden Grizzlies and played his best basketball as Oakland won its first Mid-Continent tournament and won the NCAA tournament play-in game.

"I was definitely disappointed," he said of not being drafted. "Although I was disappointed, I wasn't surprised. That's how sometimes things work out. I understand how the draft works."

http://www.freep.com/sports/michsta...0e_20050630.htm

Oakland University standout Rawle Marshall and Chicago State sophomore center Deji Akindele showcased their talents for NBA scouts and executives at the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago June 7-10.

Both Marshall and Akindele drew strong reviews from scouts as they worked with and against 63 other draft hopefuls at the four-day NBA Pre-Draft Camp.

Marshall’s athleticism was his biggest selling point, showing explosive moves to the basket off of screens and going up high for rebounds. He impressed scouts with a 13-point performance on 4-of-9 shooting Thursday which included a 5-for-6 clip from the free throw line. Marshall’s ability to create off the dribble enabled him to beat his defender and get the basket often.

Marshall, who averaged 19.9 points and 7.7 rebounds his senior season for Oakland’s Mid-Continent Conference championship team, has had individual workouts for the Chicago Bulls and Memphis Grizzlies among others and envisions being selected in the NBA Draft.

“I consider myself a big time player,” Marshall said. “Most of these teams (at the camp) have seen me before. I definitely feel I’ll get drafted.”

http://www.mid-con.com/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=3134

Edited by qwerty

I'd love it if we gave any of these guys a shot: Mike Wilkinson, Luke Schenscher, Taylor Coppenrath, Kelenna Azubuike, Randolph Morris, or Sean Banks. Banks may be a major head case, but it's worth giving him a chance with all the talent he has. Wilkinson and Coppenrath are both big guys who could spread out the defense with their outside shooting ability and can also provide some bulk inside. Schenscher and Morris are widebodies who could also provide inside bulk, and maybe takeover Reiner's role.

WHarris, you should be happy b/c according to the Tribune, Basden has officially signed with the Bulls. He's a great player. Living in a city with a C-USA team, I get plenty of C-USA coverage, and have seen and heard about him quite a bit.

And, for y'all that don't know much about him, he was the C-USA player of the year in a league with 2 1st round draft picks: Francisco Garcia and Jason Maxiell.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)
Schenscher and Morris are widebodies who could also provide inside bulk, and maybe takeover Reiner's role.

What, be the big goofy looking white guy at the end of the bench or on the dl ( black in morris's case)? Wouldn't it be awesome to get payed and do nothing but fake injurues and work out with the team in practice?

Edited by qwerty

YESSSSSSSSSS WE GOT BASDEN

Eddie Basden

Quinnel Brown

Dawid Przybyszewski

Omar Thomas

Kelvin Torbert

Are unsigned guys that are on the mini-camp roster.

EDIT: The Bulls will hold a 4-day mini camp and will cut that down to their Vegas Summer League Roster.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
WHarris, you should be happy b/c according to the Tribune, Basden has officially signed with the Bulls.  He's a great player.  Living in a city with a C-USA team, I get plenty of C-USA coverage, and have seen and heard about him quite a bit. 

And, for y'all that don't know much about him, he was the C-USA player of the year in a league with 2 1st round draft picks: Francisco Garcia and Jason Maxiell.

I love him because he plays tenacious D from what I read/hear/see

Name Pos Ht | Wt DOB College 2004.05 Team
Chris Alexander C 7-1 | 240 7/20/80 Iowa State ’03 Liaoning (China)
Mario Austin F 6-9 | 260 2/26/82 Miss. State ’04 Laurenta (Italy)
Eddie Basden G 6-5 | 215 2/15/83 Charlotte ’05 Charlotte (NCAA)
Mengke Bateer C 6-11 | 275 11/20/75 China Huntsville (NBDL)/Beijing (China)
Quinnel Brown G 6-6 | 210 8/26/83 Auburn ’05 Auburn (NCAA)
Taliek Brown G 6-1 | 185 6/23/82 Connecticut ’04 Idaho (CBA)
Adam Hall G 6-5 | 203 3/10/80 Virginia ‘02 Braunschweig (Germany)
Arthur Johnson G 6-6 | 210 8/26/83 Missouri ’04 Denver (NBA)/Aris (Greece)
Ugonna Onyekwe F 6-8 | 230 7/14/79 Pennsylvania ’03 Huelva (Spain)
Drago Pasalic F 6-11 | 236 6/23/84 Croatia KK Split (Croatia)
Kasib Powell F 6-7 | 215 3/18/81 Texas Tech ‘03 Great Lakes (CBA)
Dawid Przybyszewski C 7-2 | 260 10/09/81 Vanderbilt ’05 Vanderbilt (NCAA)
Jared Reiner C 6-11 | 255 4/08/82 Iowa ’04 Chicago Bulls
Kenny Satterfield G 6-2 | 175 4/10/81 Cincinnati ’03 Guainqueries (Venezuela)
Drago Pasalic F 6-11 | 236 6/23/84 Croatia KK Split (Croatia)
Omar Thomas G 6-5 | 205 2/27/82 Texas-El Paso ‘05 Texas El-Paso (NCAA)
Kelvin Torbert G 6-4 | 215 5/24/83 Michigan State ’05 Michigan State (NCAA)
Ezra Williams G 6-5 | 220 11/02/80 Georgia ’03 Great Lakes (CBA)
Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
I still believe that Mario Austin can make an impact on an NBA team, hopefully with us.

Even though he's taller, Reiner has no business holding a roster spot over Austin this year.

Edited by WHarris1