Could Baj be on his way Up???

Chisoxfn

Just throwing this out there, but I know there has been some talk about Hermy going on the bereavement list to go and visit his family member thats ill. If thats the case do you guys think the Sox will call up Bajenaru and give him a chance or will they go with Walker again or a player like Adkins (whom Ozzie is rather familiar with).

You even have the outside possibility of Bobby Jenks.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
Walker is just f***in brutal. I don't want any part of him up here right now....or ever this season for that matter. Baj deserves a shot.

I still can't imagine why they brought that slug up before Baj. There was no comparison whatsoever.

Why is this board so enamored with BAJ. Why isn't every scout in the country looking at this guy? Why doesn't anyone want to trade for him? Its because he is not good enough for the majors.Again its my opinion but outside of this board, nobody in the country cares about this guy.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:56 AM)
Why is this board so enamored with BAJ. Why isn't every scout in the country looking at this guy? Why doesn't anyone want to trade for him? Its because he is not good enough for the majors.Again its my opinion but outside of this board, nobody in the country cares about this guy.

Probably partly because BAJ posts here.

You're judging him off of about ten innings pitched in the majors...

Whatever -- so, he can put up an ERA hovering around or below 1.00, and strike out well over 9/9 IP, yet he can't make it in the bigs, even as a guy who's gonna be the last one in the bullpen?

Sorry -- I'm not buying it. You don't strike out 50 in 43 (approx.) IP, have an ERA of 1.27, pitching in the bandbox that is Charlotte, and not be able to make it in the bigs.

I'm not making him out to be Eric Gagne 2, but, IMO, he can certainly be more useful than someone like Jose Vizcaino...

EDIT: And my wanting Baj to be up with the big club has nothing to do with him posting here. That doesn't mean a whole lot to me. You don't see me calling for Jim Bullard to be up here, do you? It's 'cause he's put up outstanding numbers at AAA, and he deserves his shot with the Sox.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)

No, it's because he's absolutely been dominate playing in a freakin bandbox at charlotte. His numbers weren't great when he was up here but he didn't get hit hard at all, the guy can pitch period. He just deserves an opportunity.

Its not very difficult to understand. :huh Go look at Bajs numbers at the shoebox in Charlotte. He deserves a shot IF we ened another bullpen arm. Tell me someone else in the organization that should be called up before him?

It's impossible to argue with Baj being the next guy called up but I wouldn't doubt that the Sox will bring up Jenks before him. The Sox were going to move Jenks up to Charlotte but pulled back on the move. I'm thinking they are going to promote him straight from AA when time comes. I wouldn't mind seeing either one up, just not Walker.

I'm probbly in the minority here, but I do NOT want Jenks up here when we are on our run for a pennant. Something still lingering in the back of my head that says "You've heard about this guy and everything he has brought along the way in his career." Not the personality I want in the clubhouse, but thats just me.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
It's impossible to argue with Baj being the next guy called up but I wouldn't doubt that the Sox will bring up Jenks before him. The Sox were going to move Jenks up to Charlotte but pulled back on the move. I'm thinking they are going to promote him straight from AA when time comes. I wouldn't mind seeing either one up, just not Walker.

Agreed with everything you said.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
I'm probbly in the minority here, but I do NOT want Jenks up here when we are on our run for a pennant. Something still lingering in the back of my head that says "You've heard about this guy and everything he has brought along the way in his career." Not the personality I want in the clubhouse, but thats just me.

Maybe, but you can only hope the kid has finally figured it out. The Sox realize that Baj is probably not going to be more than an average middle reliever in the bigs. Meanwhile, Jenks has the potential to be an amazing closer (94 MPH SINKER?!).

Edited by danman31

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:29 PM)
Meanwhile, Jenks has the potential to be an amazing closer (94 MPH SLIDER?!).

Randy Johnson in his prime had a slower slider. Does he consistently hit that velocity with it and does he have any control over it? If he does, that's just plain filthy.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)
Randy Johnson in his prime had a slower slider. Does he consistently hit that velocity with it and does he have any control over it? If he does, that's just plain filthy.

Consistent velocity inconsistent control. There's a reason he was the Angels #1 prospect. Of course there's also a couple reasons why they released him. :drink

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)

I don't know, he topped out at that. I have no idea how consistently he gets up that high, but I just like saying he has a 94 MPH sinker.

Edited by danman31

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 04:29 AM)
Maybe, but you can only hope the kid has finally figured it out. The Sox realize that Baj is probably not going to be more than an average middle reliever in the bigs. Meanwhile, Jenks has the potential to be an amazing closer (94 MPH SLIDER?!).

there is no 94mph slider....... he throws a hard breaking 12-6 curveball. It is nasty yes, but a 94 mph slider, no

Edited by Rex Hudler

So you have talked to every scout in the country and know this for a fact? I promise you every scout in the country wasn't looking at Gary Majewski and Matt Guerrier, but both are doing just fine in their respective roles in the Majors right now. All it takes is one scout to see something in you and the right fit and timing in the bigs.

Baj deserves that shot if a spot opens up. Plain and simple. He has not done anything to show he has not earned it.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:19 AM)
there is no 94mph slider.......  he throws a hard breaking 12-6 curveball.  It is nasty yes, but a 94 mph slider, no

That's what BHAM put in one of his game recaps. :huh Edit: it's a sinker. :bang Stupid me. Sinker, slider, what's the difference?

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:09 PM)
Bobby Jenks got the final 6 outs for his 14th Save  and threw his 1st sinker came in at 94.
Edited by danman31