Could Baj be on his way Up???

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:28 AM)
Deal them all, I don't want them here...

Well I agree that Minor leaguers should be used at chips to make a team better to ultimately get to the world series. And although you were blunt, i do understand your point, which is trade as many as these guys as you can to get players in here while we are making a run. I agree with this assessment completely. Win at the big leagues and win now.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
Agreed. I only want him up here because he was decent in our bullpen for a year last year.

But seriously, we all got hung up on Royce Ring, Kris Honel, Joe Blow, Mike Morse and Jeremy Reed. They will never live up to the numbers they put down at the minor league level. I will never see Jeremy Reed be that good.

And for the old timers, they want to win. They don't give a flying f*** about guys at AAA...wouldn't you rather win a series and deal some prospects to get the pieces that are essential to put yourself over the top.

f*** YES

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
And for the old timers, they want to win. They don't give a flying f*** about guys at AAA...wouldn't you rather win a series and deal some prospects to get the pieces that are essential to put yourself over the top.

And end up in the position the Yanks are in.. :rolly

It's a good thing the "old timers" don't run the show.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:35 AM)
Agreed. I only want him up here because he was decent in our bullpen for a year last year.

But seriously, we all got hung up on Royce Ring, Kris Honel, Joe Blow, Mike Morse and Jeremy Reed. They will never live up to the numbers they put down at the minor league level. I will never see Jeremy Reed be that good.

Reed is good though, that trade was a steal for the Sox cause Freddy is a top of the line starter and you have to realize all the stars in this league were once minor leaguers, you just don't trade minor leaguers to trade them, if a deal makes sense then hell yeah you don't hold back but just cause they haven't proven anything doens't mean they won't in the future.

I think Adkins should come up.  He has proven himself able to pitch in the majors.  Hell, bring Baj and Adkins up, and try to get rid of Vizcaino.  He is absolutely brutal.

Adkins?

Take a look at what AAA hitters are hitting vs. him. It's well over .300, he has been getting knocked around consistently.

Honestly, people have a tendancy to say things knee-jerk without having a general idea of what's going on.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:37 AM)
And end up in the position the Yanks are in..  :rolly

You mean with all those championships? I will take that anytime, although I am sure there is more to your answer than what you said.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
Reed is good though, that trade was a steal for the Sox cause Freddy is a top of the line starter and you have to realize all the stars in this league were once minor leaguers, you just don't trade minor leaguers to trade them, if a deal makes sense then hell yeah you don't hold back but just cause they haven't proven anything doens't mean they won't in the future.

And that is what I've been saying. If the right deal comes about, then you pull the trigger. Reed was never going to live up to be that good.

Any prospect has got a shot, but I'd want to trade them for pieces to win often, and win now.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)
Adkins?

Take a look at what AAA hitters are hitting vs. him.  It's well over .300, he has been getting knocked around consistently.

Honestly, people have a tendancy to say things knee-jerk without having a general idea of what's going on.

That's an understatement.. :lol:

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
And end up in the position the Yanks are in..  :rolly

If you got a few guys that are low cost like Cintron, then how the hell could you turn into the Yankees? :huh

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)
You mean with all those championships? I will take that anytime, although I am sure there is more to your answer than what you said.

What the Yanks past has to do with us trading away the farm now, like they did over the past 2 years, I fail to see.

No more to my comments. I see no need to play the 2 year old tap dance game.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:39 AM)
And that is what I've been saying. If the right deal comes about, then you pull the trigger. Reed was never going to live up to be that good.

Any prospect has got a shot, but I'd want to trade them for pieces to win often, and win now.

What do you mean Reed won't live up to his potential?? I think Reed right now is doing exactly what a lot of us expected him to do, Reed's a good solid player.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:39 AM)

Well i think that is the point, Last year nobody here thought Reed would be traded. They praised him, loved him, supported him. They loved Olivo. Five tool player they all said. Well He blows. We will have to see about Reed. I figure him to be a career 280 hitter with moderate power (10 HR's) and 50 RBI's. Too me that is no all star.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
What the Yanks past has to do with us trading away the farm now, like they did over the past 2 years, I fail to see.

They've put them self in a s***ty situation that's for sure. They're stuck at this point, not many prospects and a ton of crappy contracts that they're stuck with.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)

Yet you consistently jump on me in threads...well thats just...wonderful Steff. :angry:

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)

Ok, you brought up the yanks, they have been pretty consistant over the years at trading away the farm to go and get players, which I like. No tap dance, just the thought that people don't look at the minors the same as you.

The Yankees are in a worse position than in any years recently, comparatively speaking. However, I wouldn't count them out, especially on the last day of June.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
What do you mean Reed won't live up to his potential??  I think Reed right now is doing exactly what a lot of us expected him to do, Reed's a good solid player.

People were praising him like he was the next Magglio or Pods. They were giving him credit as an allstar too.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
They've put them self in a s***ty situation that's for sure.  They're stuck at this point, not many prospects and a ton of crappy contracts that they're stuck with.

i don't think they care, they are an anomally anyway. They have the team, its not like the minor league system would make that team better.