Could Baj be on his way Up???

Chisoxfn

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:18 AM)
For right now, I've said what I've wanted to say without personally attacking her. I just don't want her strutting around and picking on me without me getting a chance to fire back.

Same thing to you. Let it go.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:18 AM)
For right now, I've said what I've wanted to say without personally attacking her. I just don't want her strutting around and picking on me without me getting a chance to fire back.

Picking on you..? GMAFB. I don't agree with your comment.. don't like it.. to effing bad. Don't like what I post.. put me on ignore.

And yea.. you did attack me.. you have something to say to or about me.. go right ahead and PM me... don't be surprised when I return the favor to your daddy.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
Not the Yankees, they have the money to cover up their mistakes...  Think more like the Mets.

But Mike.. they don't have any room to make changes. They are stuck with crap contracts that even if they got rid of.. they couldn't replace with farm help.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)
Here I am ... trying to be a peacemake before this gets ugly ... because I've seen you two hook up before ... and both of you keep insisting on getting the last word.  Will you both please just stop?

Thank you.

Sure.. I'll handle it privately.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)
But Mike.. they don't have any room to make changes. They are stuck with crap contracts that even if they got rid of.. they couldn't replace with farm help.

Really if they were anyone else, this would have happened years ago... They wouldn't have been able to add ARod, and Sheffield and Mussina and Johnson and Matsui... you get my point. Most teams if they make a big mistake or two are screwed for years. Heck look at the Orioles and Tigers too. They strapped themselves in with some bad deals and took years to recover, basically until those contracts came off the books. In reality, if Juan Gonzalez had half a brain, the Tigers would still be screwed.

That is why I don't want to see the Sox adding a bunch of 35 year olds with big contracts in exchange for prospects who could big filling postions for 300K a year, and allow us to get the players we really want signed up.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)
Really if they were anyone else, this would have happened years ago... They wouldn't have been able to add ARod, and Sheffield and Mussina and Johnson and Matsui... you get my point.  Most teams if they make a big mistake or two are screwed for years.  Heck look at the Orioles and Tigers too.  They strapped themselves in with some bad deals and took years to recover, basically until those contracts came off the books.  In reality, if Juan Gonzalez had half a brain, the Tigers would still be screwed.

That is why I don't want to see the Sox adding a bunch of 35 year olds with big contracts in exchange for prospects who could big filling postions for 300K a year, and allow us to get the players we really want signed up.

Agree completely.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:28 AM)
Really if they were anyone else, this would have happened years ago... They wouldn't have been able to add ARod, and Sheffield and Mussina and Johnson and Matsui... you get my point.  Most teams if they make a big mistake or two are screwed for years.  Heck look at the Orioles and Tigers too.  They strapped themselves in with some bad deals and took years to recover, basically until those contracts came off the books.  In reality, if Juan Gonzalez had half a brain, the Tigers would still be screwed.

The Tigers still are screwed. They added a guy for $15 million a year for 5 years last offseason.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
The Tigers still are screwed.  They added a guy for $15 million a year for 5 years last offseason.

They could have never added IRod, Ordonez, and Percival if they had that contract on their heads still.

But there is no doubt the Ordonez signing was monumentally stupid.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
Serious question to those who know....How is Jenks coming along? Can we expect him in the majors this year? Next year?

Excellent "stuff". Good K/9 numbers, atrocious BB/9 numbers.

But, then again, some say we shouldn't look at minor league stats. So, I guess we need to look at his 'makeup'?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)
Excellent "stuff".  Good K/9 numbers, atrocious BB/9 numbers.

But, then again, some say we shouldn't look at minor league stats.  So, I guess we need to look at his 'makeup'?

He could probably use a little blush and eyeliner.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Excellent "stuff".  Good K/9 numbers, atrocious BB/9 numbers.

But, then again, some say we shouldn't look at minor league stats.  So, I guess we need to look at his 'makeup'?

He has control problems but high K/9 numbers. This leads me to believe he get's people to swing at his out pitch when it isn't in the strike zone. Is this the case?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
He has control problems but high K/9 numbers. This leads me to believe he get's people to swing at his out pitch when it isn't in the strike zone. Is this the case?

Well, it means he has awesome stuff but hasn't been able to harness it fully yet.

You should probably talk to Tom (BHamBarons) -- or Rex. I think those two have seen him the most (live) out of anyone here, so I'll digress.