Shingo..

rangercal

?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• I never trusted him, never will, still want him on the team though.
    • I never trusted him, never will, send him To CHARLOTTE!
    • Trade him his stock won't get any higher
    • a few more strong outings strung together will give me a lot of faith about his value in our pennant race.
    • IM sold! He's back! It's SHINGOTIME!

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 04:30 AM)
If Shingo can turn his season around, our bullpen is REAL good.

Hell, even Viz the gas can pitched decent last night. Gave up a lot of hits but didnt give up a run. :gosox1:

Edited by Iguana

QUOTE(Be Good @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 07:26 AM)
Shingo's been turning it around for the last month

Have you watched how Ozzie was using Shingo. He started putting in games with nothing on the line .... no pressure, maybe let him face a RH hitter or two, then pulled him. Ozzie gradually increased the amount of pressure on Shingo by picking and choosing the situations he pitched him. So last night, we had a 9.5 game lead and a tie game. If we lose it, it's not a stake in the heart, but the game situation had plenty of pressure within itself. The 13th inning was Ozzie way of saying, Ok Shingo, I'm convinced. Now prove me right.

I think Shingo just needs his confidence back. I read a quote today that said he was "nervous" going into the 13th. He needs to get back to just pitching and not worrying about his struggles.

I think he'll be solid the rest of the year.

QUOTE(shakes @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
I think last night could be a turning point for Shingo. He saw Ozzie has trust in him again. I also think it was big that he caught a bad break in the 13th and was able to work his way through it.

But, Ozzie was considered an idiot for leaving in Shingo and not bringing in Hermanson.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:43 AM)
But, Ozzie was considered an idiot for leaving in Shingo and not bringing in Hermanson.

That's why we're not the managers :P

And that's a damn good thing.

Think about this. When the year began, most people thought are weak spots in the bullpen would be Cotts and Politte, to a point. Now, they've both been dominant and now the two guys that were lagging are producing, too. I hope this continues.

Shingo's back. For his past 5-6 outings he's been getting his junk over and keeping his fastball down, oh yeah throwing first pitch strike as well. It's so nice to get Shingo back because it's like we just add a stud reliever down in that bullpen, I'm so excited to have the shingo of old back in the pen.

Anyone notice how he got ahead of the count on a lot of the batters? That will get the trust from a lot of fans. Shingo is still a favorite of mine and I would love to see him in the 9th inning once again.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 08:49 AM)
Anyone notice how he got ahead of the count on a lot of the batters? That will get the trust from a lot of fans. Shingo is still a favorite of mine and I would love to see him in the 9th inning once again.

That should and will be Dustin's job until he does something to lose it. It'll be nice though just to have shingo available to use in a big spot or if Hermy does need a day off or if he goes on bereavment shingo can close some games out again.

Edited by Rowand44

I've been iffy on him all year, but if he can locate his breaking ball (like he did last year) he'll be great once again.

That was his problem early this year, he had to throw fastballs to get a strike = bombs.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:10 AM)
Rooney and Farmer are saying that Shingo was hitting 89 MPH on the scoreboard last night.

The real key for Shingo is that he was hitting 89 and at the same time was hitting 60 and throwing strikes on both.

He can hit 89 all he wants but if he can't throw the frisbee for a strike people can just sit on the 89. But man, at least on 1 pitch he totally blew Inge away with that changeup...the guy like triple clutched on it, didn't swing, was called for a strike, and then was out on the next fastball.