Shingo..

rangercal

?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• I never trusted him, never will, still want him on the team though.
    • I never trusted him, never will, send him To CHARLOTTE!
    • Trade him his stock won't get any higher
    • a few more strong outings strung together will give me a lot of faith about his value in our pennant race.
    • IM sold! He's back! It's SHINGOTIME!

I'm happy as hell that Shingo is Shingo again. We all but forgot about Mr. Zero. Keep throwing strikes. That was his only problem as I've said in the past. If Japanese batters didn't figure him out all those years I don't see why MLB hitters would.

During the rain delay today I saw highlights from last year and Willie Harris scored a winning run and there was the usual mob scene around the hitter. I saw Willie on the edge of the group and Shingo comes up behind him and starts punching him in both ass cheeks. Left, right ,left ,right ,left, right. Willie turns around and puts up his dukes as Shingo runs away. Cracked me up. Did anyone else happen to see that or remember it ?

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
I'm happy as hell that Shingo is Shingo again. We all but forgot about Mr. Zero. Keep throwing strikes. That was his only problem as I've said in the past. If Japanese batters didn't figure him out all those years I don't see why MLB hitters would.

During the rain delay today I saw highlights from last year and Willie Harris scored a winning run and there was the usual mob scene around the hitter. I saw Willie on the edge of the group and Shingo comes up behind him and starts punching him in both ass cheeks. Left, right ,left ,right ,left, right. Willie turns around and puts up his dukes as Shingo runs away. Cracked me up. Did anyone else happen to see that or remember it ?

Haha, I saw that. I'm glad to see Shingo getting back in form too; it's hard not root for that guy.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
Haha, I saw that.  I'm glad to see Shingo getting back in form too; it's hard not root for that guy.

I AM SHINGO!!! *hugs KW*

:)

Anyway.

I had a lot of confidence in Shingo, quickly lost it, slowly bur surely I am starting to trust him.

In 6.2 June innings Shingo has posted a 1.35 ERA. :headbang

GONG!

I have full faith in Shingo again. Ozzie just needs to keep finding ways to use him. He's never going to be the #1 closer with Hermy around, but I think it would be ideal if Shingo is a key guy in the 7th or 8th innings (along with Cotts, Politte, and Marte) and then once in awhile if Hermy has come in for 2 or 3 games in a row, then Shingo can go for a save if we need him to.

The one problem I have with our pen right now is that we really don't have a true long relief guy (although Viz somehow got the job done last night for 3 innings). I feel if a starter gets bombed out in the first couple innings of a game one night, we'd have to run through our whole pen and then our bullpen would be dead if either that game goes to extras or we need a lot from the pen the next day or two. Cotts was slated to be the long relief guy at the start of the year, but now he's too valuable doing what he's doing. Right now it's thank God our starters keep on kicking ass, and/or pray Vizcaino somehow do what he did last night.

(we need a Japanese flag smiley for Gooch and ShingoTime)

I think last night's outing was a huge confidence boost for him. His next 2-3 outings are crucial to his season. If he continues to succeed, he should be back. If he starts to struggle and turn back into Dingo, he should be sent down to get more work and figure out what's going wrong for him.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)

For the record he was punching THE Timo Perez not Willie.

QUOTE(Iguana @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 06:19 AM)
Hell, even Viz the gas can pitched decent last night.  Gave up a lot of hits but didnt give up a run. :gosox1:

Between Viz and Shingo they have both made a full 180 and have really become outstanding relievers as of late. Hopefull they can keep it going cause we're gonna need all the arms we can get come Sep, Oct.

The thing I like is that Shingo is getting some oomph on his fastball again. He needs at least the threat of a heater to have any success.

I'm glad he's throwing well - he seems like a great guy and a good teammate, and he was one of the bright spots from last season for me.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)
I've been iffy on him all year, but if he can locate his breaking ball (like he did last year) he'll be great once again. 

That was his problem early this year, he had to throw fastballs to get a strike = bombs.

I agree completely, his breaking ball is the key to his success. If he has to rely on his fastball, he's in trouble. He even got a frisbee over against Detroit. Shingo makes our bullpen that much better. Plus, he gives hitters a totally different look.