6/30 - Sox vs. Tigers Game Thread 12pm CT

Spiff

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:40 AM)
Surprising that Uribe is not in the lineup - he kills Maroth.  Ozuna is a bit of an unknown here and I sure don't like him batting leadoff.  Would rather have Rowand hit leadoff.

Also, AJ is 4 for 10 off of Maroth in his career.  Widger is 1 for 5.  Small sample size, but I'd like AJ in this situation (except for the fact we are in a day-game-after-a-long-night-game situation).

Uribe kills Maroth? What numbers are you looking at? Uribe is 3 for 11 career against him, 0 HR, that's a .273 BA, not terrible, but certainly not murderous.

Today's a good day for a break for AJ. Don't want Widger catching Contreras tomorrow in Oakland.

Well boys, whenever the rain dries up, here's to another win today...

Let's get out of this place with a sweep. I want to go to that Hell Hole by the bay on a high note. Especially given how the A's have been playing lately.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:10 AM)
No idea, they say they'll get the game in though. 

Since its an afternoon game, all that really means is that they're expecting it to be over within like 3 or 4 hours...since its so early they can wait quite a while to wait this one out.

Hopefully Detroit's field drains well.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:11 AM)
Since its an afternoon game, all that really means is that they're expecting it to be over within like 3 or 4 hours...since its so early they can wait quite a while to wait this one out.

Hopefully Detroit's field drains well.

This is true.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
Farmio and Rooney were just saying that Sox players got pissed off at the Tigers for laughing when it looked like the Tigers were going to win the game in the 9th and then again in the 13th.

The fact that we actually DID win the game is enough revenge for me. Reminds me of their reaction in game 1 too! :lol:

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:13 AM)
Farmio and Rooney were just saying that Sox players got pissed off at the Tigers for laughing when it looked like the Tigers were going to win the game in the 9th and then again in the 13th.

Just remember, the only team the Tigers have to worry about in the AL Central race is Cleveland, right?

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
Here's the doppler radar for Detroit:

Radar

Looks like there won't be baseball for at least an hour, but once it ends it will completely end and the skies should be pretty clear.

Guess I don't need to put the game on the radio yet.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:16 AM)
Just remember, the only team the Tigers have to worry about in the AL Central race is Cleveland, right?

Love that! Plus, remember Trammel said he won't take the white sox seriously until they're 10 games up? Ha! Trammel, your season's over before the break you tool! :chair

I live in the Grand Rapids MI area and these storms in Detroit went through here this morning. Very slow moving system so it could be awhile before it ends in Det.

And you have to love the Tigers laughing at anyone. How many runners did they leave on base last night, 50? They have the lowest collective baseball IQ of any team in the majors.

Edited by brijames