Forget about Schmidt??

LosMediasBlancas

The Giants are said to be looking for a No. 2- and a No. 3-type starter for Schmidt, who has a $10.5 million option for next season. Dealing Jose Contreras and Brandon McCarthy might come close to filling that bill, but a top prospect -- perhaps like Class AA outfielder Ryan Sweeney -- probably would have to be included.

That is laughable for a guy whose arm could fall off at any second.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 08:11 AM)
Scroll down to the rumor mill section. So, no Chavez, no Randa and no Schmidt. Who's out there that is not only attainable, but also helpful?

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug30.html

The early asking price is always rediculus. I wouldnt read too much for it. Its like selling a car.

How much do you want for that car. I want 11 million dollars. You laugh for a second and tell them no thanks. A month later you get a call, Hi remember I was selling a car. Yeah it was overpriced. Well its now less.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 08:11 AM)
Scroll down to the rumor mill section. So, no Chavez, no Randa and no Schmidt. Who's out there that is not only attainable, but also helpful?

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug30.html

That's what they said last year about Garcia. That the Yankees were going to get him because the White Sox did not have the players Seattle wanted...

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
Where does it say anything about Randa?  He will be available at the deadline and he definately won't cost top prospects.

It doesn't but 'sources' have said no way to both Randa and Chavez. Aw crap this maybe shoulda been in that monster all trades thread. My bad.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
That is laughable for a guy whose arm could fall off at any second.

I agree, what a joke. Not to mention he is having his worse year so far with an ERA that is slowly climbing. Even their fans are confused and pissed at him.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
The early asking price is always rediculus.  I wouldnt read too much for it.  Its like selling a car. 

How much do you want for that car.  I want 11 million dollars.  You laugh for a second and tell them no thanks.  A month later you get a call, Hi remember I was selling a car.  Yeah it was overpriced.  Well its now less.

Thats what I was thinking. The only way he stays at this asking price is if the Giants have little intention of trading him. I doubt anybody will jump on their current asking price. Giving up a 2 and 3 starter for a guy like Schmidt basically negates the reason to make a deal for him.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
The early asking price is always rediculus.  I wouldnt read too much for it.  Its like selling a car. 

How much do you want for that car.  I want 11 million dollars.  You laugh for a second and tell them no thanks.  A month later you get a call, Hi remember I was selling a car.  Yeah it was overpriced.  Well its now less.

I agree. What would you offer them for Scmidt SSI?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
I never heard anything about Randa not being available.  Do you have a link to that?

No, nothing solid but the 'rumor' from there is that they are also asking for 2 arms they can plug into their rotation immediately.

Even if we can talk these teams down to 1 starter +, who would that be?

No, nothing solid but the 'rumor' from there is that they are also asking for 2 arms they can plug into their rotation immediately.

Even if we can talk these teams down to 1 starter +, who would that be?

For 35 year old Randa? :lol: Those demands will be lowered a lot by the deadline.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 08:19 AM)
It doesn't but 'sources' have said no way to both Randa and Chavez. Aw crap this maybe shoulda been in that monster all trades thread.  My bad.

yeah that thread had already been talking about this...but that thread sucks, its too big, everytime i leave the board i have to come back and read 16 new pages of worthless petty arguements like about why someone should or shouldnt mention carlos quenetin or maybe it was connor jackson....

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
I agree. What would you offer them for Scmidt SSI?

I'm not SSI. But the trade I proposed on the trade thread was:

SF give us Schmidt AND Vizquel, and they get

Contreras

Uribe

Anderson

1 among Takatsu/Vizcaino/Bajaneru

1 among Gload/Munoz/Diaz/Borchard

After last night, and if Marte is going on the DL, I'm probably not offering Takatsu or Vizcaino.

There is no way anyone is going to offer the Giants more than this. Washington wants him, but the best they could do is Zach Day.