Marte to the DL

quickman

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
Oh, stop it. :P 

You know it won't.  Kenny and Ozzie are just gonna put this thing into cruise control, keeping both McCarthy and Walker on the roster until after the all-star break.  It's ok.  Marte has been a non-factor as of late and McCarthy has kept us in a position to win games.  We'll survive.

Yeah, you know what you're right. I guess I'm just kind of upset Baj or Jenks didn't get a chance just cause they don't throw with their left hands, this team does have 52 wins, I think I should just have faith in the organization. I still think it's the wrong move but I'll have faith. :)

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
The Sox want to make sure you all have something to b**** about, since 52-24 isn't enough.

Come on, you know this is a terrible move. There are probably three or four guys in AAA that everyone would rather see. Walker's ERA is over 5 in AAA. This is garbage.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:50 AM)
Yeah, you know what you're right.  I guess I'm just kind of upset Baj or Jenks didn't get a chance just cause they don't throw with their left hands, this team does have 52 wins, I think I should just have faith in the organization.  I still think it's the wrong move but I'll have faith. :)

Keep the faith brother! :lol: :cheers

If complaining about bringing up Kevin AAAA Walker is the only thing we are complaining about on, this, the 30th of July, we're in A-OK shape!

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)
I knew it, sore biceps my ass. He's been swinging his arm around at the shoulder joint in his last few starts. I bet it's not even his trap. Get an MRI done and if he's done, then he's done.

Walker blows.

I'm quite sure Walker doesn't control what's let out to the media, and says what he's told to say.

Lets just examine this a bit.

Player A He is left handed

He has a 5.11 ERA 15BB 27K 24 hits in 24.2 innings pitched

then

Player B a right hander

1.24 ERA 42 innings 21BB 51Ks 27hits

This is just another retarded decision. They win I swear in spite of some of the stupidity.

Timo at 1st. Nothing like starting a 5'5 midget who cant hit who played 1st in japan back years ago.

Pinch hitting Timo when you have Frank Thomas and Everett on the bench.

Throwing Kevin Walker in a 1 run game after you made the decision to send him down, so you can see what he is made of. He of course wets the bed like a fire hydrant was on.

So whats the bets that Walker costs us at least one of the games in Oakland.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
Keep the faith brother! :lol:  :cheers

If complaining about bringing up Kevin AAAA Walker is the only thing we are complaining about on, this, the 30th of July, we're in A-OK shape!

Woah, I slept through the whole month of July??? :bang :P

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:50 AM)
Come on, you know this is a terrible move.  There are probably three or four guys in AAA that everyone would rather see.  Walker's ERA is over 5 in AAA.  This is garbage.

yeah i can see wanting another lefty in the pen, but if you want a lefty why not even give david sanders a shot. he didnt pitch THAT bad with us in 03 i think it was. and he has a 3.25 ERA at charlotte. otherwise, i personally wanna see Jenks, but Baj deserves it too

I have long though Stanton would look good in our uniform. You really don't let him face a righty though. The thing is, he makes so much money that we can't get him for ten days. I wonder if a richer contender (Baltimore?) would think about biting the bullet on the contract during waivers. Sore biceps scare me (Brad Penny and Cris Carpenter 2004).

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:55 AM)
Yep.  You use your closer in 1-run games.  Do you honestly think Hermanson can't pitch an inning or so every other day?  He was a starting pitcher in the past.

Hermy would have been the last pitcher in the pen. Ozzie had to stretch Shingo as far as possible.

Or ..... let Timo pitch.

If we're lucky, this won't end up being that big of a deal, because there's a decent shot Walker won't see much playing time.

The deal with McCarthy was supposed to be that while he was up, he'll be making an occasional spot start, but mainly he'll be consigned to the bullpen and we'll run with a 4 man staff and off-days until the AS break.

If we do that, then hopefully BMac gets in the line coming out of the bullpen even before Walker, and in order to make sure McCarthy gets some innings we'll barely see Walker aside from facing the occasional single left handed batter.

I have long though Stanton would look good in our uniform. You really don't let him face a righty though. The thing is, he makes so much money that we can't get him for ten days. I wonder if a richer contender (Baltimore?) would think about biting the bullet on the contract during waivers. Sore biceps scare me (Brad Penny and Cris Carpenter 2004).

No team is going to claim Stanton given his $4 million salary for this year. You send the Yankees an average prospect for him and let them pick up his salary. Unless someone claims Stanton (which is unlikely given his contract), the Yankees will have to pay out his contract anyways. They would have nothing to lose by taking a prospect for Stanton and paying for his salary.

Edited by Jabroni