Marte to the DL

quickman

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)
No team is going to claim Stanton given his $4 million salary for this year.  You send the Yankees an average prospect for him and let them pick up his salary.  Unless someone claims Stanton (which is unlikely given his contract), the Yankees will have to pay for his contract anyways.

For all your Stanton-needs.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:56 AM)
Hermy would have been the last pitcher in the pen.  Ozzie had to stretch Shingo as far as possible.

Or ..... let Timo pitch.

Did you see that throw Juan made last night?? He could have blown the Tigers away with his heat :P

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)
If we're lucky, this won't end up being that big of a deal, because there's a decent shot Walker won't see much playing time.

The deal with McCarthy was supposed to be that while he was up, he'll be making an occasional spot start, but mainly he'll be consigned to the bullpen and we'll run with a 4 man staff and off-days until the AS break.

If we do that, then hopefully BMac gets in the line coming out of the bullpen even before Walker, and in order to make sure McCarthy gets some innings we'll barely see Walker aside from facing the occasional single left handed batter.

BMAC has earned another start next week. He is not in the bullpen.

Your pen now has Walker in it.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
Hermy would have been the last pitcher in the pen.  Ozzie had to stretch Shingo as far as possible.

Or ..... let Timo pitch.

But Yas today the point is valid but last night the arguement was different and people argued it differently. We know why he wasn't used now but sticking up for OZZIE with the thought of marte being healthy made no sense.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)
i just want to know where the people who campaigned for walker to be on teh team outa spring training are. i wish i could find out who it was, cuz i suspect many ppl here are flip flopping

I was one of them who thought he should get a look but that was only because I'm so high on Neal Cotts and I would have liked to see him stretched out as a starter. The thing is I liked Walker in ST cause he threw strikes and was always ahead of hitters, in the minors and his short big league stint he can't find the plate.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:59 AM)
For all your Stanton-needs.

Mike Stanton 7.07 ERA with a 1.64 WHIP. His spits against lefties are good. But good lord righties are batting over .400 against him. Methinks they will PH a righty to face Mike "Jackson" Stanton.

PASS

Bring up Baj/Munoz/something else besides walker or Stanton.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
But Yas today the point is valid but last night the arguement was different and people argued it differently. We know why he wasn't used now but sticking up for OZZIE with the thought of marte being healthy made no sense.

I still stand by my reasoning that Ozzie was doing the right thing. The argument I broached before I knew about Marte.

I think you are wrong abotu the Yankees trading him for a prospect. THey will just let him go for nothing. They won't pay for him to pitch for a rival. Maybe if it were an NL team, but I bet it will be AL teams interested.

Stanton has a guaranteed contract. The Yankees will have to pay it in full whether Stanton clears waivers and accepts an assignment to the minors or they simply outright release him. Either way, Stanton gets paid in full.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)
Plus he was dl'ed retroactive to the 27th so that's 6 days gone right there including the AS break.

throw in an off day next thursday...and you are down to 8 games.....so we will see walker maybe twice....especially the way ozzie likes to overwork politte

Mike Stanton 7.07 ERA with a 1.64 WHIP.  His spits against lefties are good.  But good lord righties are batting over .400 against him. Methinks they will PH a righty to face Mike "Jackson" Stanton. 

PASS

Bring up Baj/Munoz/something else besides walker or Stanton.

Ughhh, we will only be using him against lefties! Use Cotts, Politte, Shingo, and even Jizzcan for righties. Is it that hard to understand?

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:03 AM)
Stanton has a guaranteed contract.  The Yankees will have to pay it in full whether Stanton clears waivers and accepts an assignment to the minors or they simply outright release him.  Either way, Stanton gets paid in full.

I agree go get him now.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
i just want to know where the people who campaigned for walker to be on teh team outa spring training are. i wish i could find out who it was, cuz i suspect many ppl here are flip flopping

I wasn't one of them, but what's wrong with that? You can't root for a guy and then after he s***s the mound a few times say he shouldn't be here any more? Why not? I think we all root for every Sox player, don't we?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:04 AM)
Ughhh, we will only be using him against lefties!  Use Cotts, Politte, and Shingo for righties.  Is it that hard to understand?

The minute that Stanton trots out of the pen, they will pinch hit a righty. .400BA against righties. And you know Ozzie, he wont take him out. He isnt going to trot stanton out just to get politte in to face a righty.