Marte to the DL

quickman

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:05 PM)
Congrats to Mike Stanton, as you've become Soxtalk's *Official* "Flavor of the Week".  If you recall, Kevin Walker also had this spot for about a month, as well as Arizona Diamondback Alex Cintron.  I'm sure that we'll see tons and tons of stats on you -- sometimes bolded, other times provided by links -- that you know we haven't ever seen before.

Oh...  and this is a good move, 'cause Kevin Walker >>> Neal Cotts.  Right?

haha brilliant. quite possibly the best post ive read on this site. well done cwsguy

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:02 PM)
An inanimate carbon rod can save a space shuttle full of astronauts and be the employee of the month at a nuclear (pronounced nuke-you-ler) power plant.  It could surely out pitch Kevin Walker.

And it could also be used to bash Walker in the head, thus rendering him unable to pitch.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:03 PM)
And it could also be used to bash Walker in the head, thus rendering him unable to pitch.

well Walker had 4.19 era in 66 inningsfor san diego in 2000 .. He hasn't returned to form since. Perhaps the sox are going to give him some unemployment forms after he pitches ineffectively through some games or maybe he's reading this and will pitch his ass off being effective against left -handers. Oh checking the 2004 draft we have an abundance of left handers in our system. Who's ready to play? I don't know but if KW doesn't bring some up to the show for a cup of coffee we'll never know what to expect. I'd say Bobby Jenks is close but they say he's not mentally ready. I say bring him up the sox family will help him make the adjustment :bringit

Congrats to Mike Stanton, as you've become Soxtalk's *Official* "Flavor of the Week".  If you recall, Kevin Walker also had this spot for about a month, as well as Arizona Diamondback Alex Cintron.  I'm sure that we'll see tons and tons of stats on you -- sometimes bolded, other times provided by links -- that you know we haven't ever seen before.

Oh...  and this is a good move, 'cause Kevin Walker >>> Neal Cotts.  Right?

And Crede is going to break out this season and the A's are going to make the playoffs.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
And Crede is going to break out this season and the A's are going to make the playoffs.

Never said Crede was going to break out, but if you can find a post where I said he'd hit anything above .260, let me know. I believe I said that Crede would do about as good as Vinny Castilla, which, they're within .010 OPS points of each other (Castilla in the lead, of course).

And, after going on a 4-20 streak at one point, Oakland is now two games under .500. Unfortunate that we're running into one of the hottest teams in baseball this weekend -- Blanton, Haren, and Zito have had awesome June's, and they're slowly starting to get healthy again. Considering their second half records over the past couple of years, I certainly am not going to count them out.

But like I said, unless I was really hammered, I don't recall saying Crede would break out. You're correct about Oakland, but I'd rather you not put words in my mouth.