God as a Sox Fan?

kevin57

After Buerhle's last victory, he said that "God is a Sox fan this year." Hmm... I have noticed that Rowand, A.J., and a couple other Sox make the Sign of the Cross before they bat. God power? Anyone know much about the faith of these players? Not nosey, curious...and wondering if we really do have some very special "karma" on our side this year.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 01:34 AM)
as long as he pays some money and takes an empty seat in the park, fine by me.

"...and in the seventh inning he arose again, in fulfillment of Nancy Faust -- although he wasn't too sure he liked the name 'Faust', but oh well..."

See, I merely assumed he was just watching at home. I didn't know how the whole barefoot thing would go over on the red line. But maybe, just maybe, I've already met our Lord. I just hope it wasn't that fat guy w/ the mouth of a sailor who dropped his ciggy on me when I was a kid.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
"...and in the seventh inning he arose again, in fulfillment of Nancy Faust -- although he wasn't too sure he liked the name 'Faust', but oh well..."

See, I merely assumed he was just watching at home.  I didn't know how the whole barefoot thing would go over on the red line.  But maybe, just maybe, I've already met our Lord.  I just hope it wasn't that fat guy w/ the mouth of a sailor who dropped his ciggy on me when I was a kid.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 07:48 PM)
I didn't know how the whole barefoot thing would go over on the red line. 

The dude can walk on water, I dont think he'll have any problem walking on a couple of empty Colt 45 bottles.

QUOTE(Adam G @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
The dude can walk on water, I dont think he'll have any problem walking on a couple of empty Colt 45 bottles.

True. And it's gotta be more pleasant than walking on the 'water' on the floor of Wrigley johns. Hallelujah, White Sox!

And btw, if You're listening, I'll buy if you'd be willing to multiply the hot dogs and beers a few times over. Standing offer, Big Guy. :cheers

QUOTE(kevin57 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 05:48 PM)
After Buerhle's last victory, he said that "God is a Sox fan this year."  Hmm... I have noticed that Rowand, A.J., and a couple other Sox make the Sign of the Cross before they bat.  God power?  Anyone know much about the faith of these players?  Not nosey, curious...and wondering if we really do have some very special "karma" on our side this year.

Welcome :cheers

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 02:21 AM)
God watches to much tv, he thinks the Sox only care about the Cubs.

Or maybe he just listens to the misplaced priorities of a large portion of Sox fans. :huh :fthecubs give me a White Sox winner.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 01:24 AM)
Or maybe he just listens to the misplaced priorities of a large portion of Sox fans. :huh  :fthecubs give me a White Sox winner.

Nah, god subscribes to the sun times and believes what Mariotti writes, he told me over dinner tonight.