Getz promoted to Kannapolis

Cerbaho-WG

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
Adam Ricks, part deux?

That being said, how solid would it be to have an actual 2B prospect?

Getz is better than Ricks. I was wondering why they sent him to Great Falls from the start. Getz is the kind of guy that should tear up the lower levels but it will be hard to judge him as a prospect until he hits AA. On the other hand, you could probably say that about everyone to a certain extent.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
Getz was my favorite pick in the draft.

Aaron Cunningham for mine. Great value at where he was picked, and the Sox did well to sign him, especially after the way he raked this year. He's leading off for Bristol.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:29 AM)
I smell another tim hummel/aarpn miles coming here...

Agreed. He's a Craig Counsell type player and his ceiling is very low but is very polished. I can see him becoming a utility player one day.

Getz can handle the bat. He may not be the most toolsy player ever, but I think he's the type of guy that could move through the minors relatively quickly.

I don't know if he'll turn into a very good player, but I definately see him being a utility type player at the very least. At the best, I could see him as a Counsell type, maybe even an Eckstein (ie, not amazing ability, but capable of handling the bat).

Guest JimH

Interesting.

I would hope he can progress enough to be a starting 2B in three years, the Sox are weak with position players.

I'd say there is a good chance at that. Heck, I'd go as far as to say that he tends to have a simliar approach to Iguchi. Although he definately doesn't have the pop. However, if you notice how Guchi always seems to make adjustments and is very willing to go opposite field, Getz is similar.

Basically put, he's a smart hitter, he just will not ever hit a ton of HR's.

I'm interested in seeing how Aaron Cunnigham does. He has pretty good power potential and solid tools across the board. Of course one of the guys I'm most interested in would be Collaro. If he can continue to shorten his swing and make progress in terms of strike recognition, he could turn into a very special player.

He flat out has more power potential than anyone else in the Sox system. Chris Young and Brian Anderson would probably be next on this list and than of course Brandon Allen.

But good lord can Collaro hammer the ball. He's an extra base machine...I'd even say he's a more raw version of Chris Young (offensively speaking). He has nowhere near the other tools that Young has (Young is a 4 tool guy, with the only tool lacking being his arm).