Record Against AL Central Opponents

Dam8610

I couldn't find a thread talking about anything like this, so I made this one. The Sox are 26-5 against the AL Central, and here's the breakdown of W-L vs. each AL Central rival:

4-1 vs. Twins

6-3 vs. Indians

7-1 vs. Tigers

9-0 vs. Royals

That's right, the Indians have more wins against the White Sox the the rest of the AL Central COMBINED. If this holds up throughout the season (highly unlikely I know), will it be the first time in MLB history that this has happened?

Minus the games that they've played against the Sox:

Cleveland 39-29 .573

Minnesota 41-30 .570

Detroit 35-32 .522

Our division is much better than I thought it would be at the beginning of the season. Okay, so take away the Royals games, and we're still 17-5 against these three teams. Not too shabby.

Edited by hammerhead johnson

my favorite part is the fact we are 9-0 vs KC, has any team ever beat one of its division foes 18-0 b4 in a season? Because that would be awesome... thats how you know this team is good.. in 2003 when the tigers were pitiful we struggled vs them this time we own the pitiful team.

The Injuns were on ESPN last night and played a nice game against the Orioles. Brantley was waxing poetic about how great they are and how they will be a factor in the Central. Said the only team that he has seen give them trouble is the BoSox.

Didn't mention the White Sox at all. Didn't note that Cleveland is 11 games behind the White Sox at about the half way mark, or that while they are 2-4 v the BSox while they are 3-6 v the WSox. Guess 2-4 is trouble but 3-6 isn't.

Sometimes I think the White Sox are invisible.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
The Injuns were on ESPN last night and played a nice game against the Orioles. Brantley was waxing poetic about how great they are and how they will be a factor in the Central.  Said the only team that he has seen give them trouble is the BoSox.

Didn't mention the White Sox at all.  Didn't note that Cleveland is 11 games behind the White Sox at about the half way mark, or that while they are 2-4 v the BSox while they are 3-6 v the WSox.  Guess 2-4 is trouble but 3-6 isn't.

Sometimes I think the White Sox are invisible.

As long as the sox aren't invisible in the playoffs. Only winning there matters