6/30 games

Guest JimH

Guest JimH

Charlotte wins 6-5. They were down 5-0, fought back, and finally scored two in the bottom of the 9th to win. Borchard was 2-4 with a HR, he is hitting .236. Leo Daigle played 3b. Box score:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...pawaaa_chraaa_1

Birmingham is winning 9-5 in the 8th inning. Big nite for Rogowski, he is 3-4 thus far. Chris Young with another HR and Josh Fields has two doubles.

Winston-Salem loses 6-3. Wes Whisler started, went 5 2/3 and gave up 10 hits for the loss: http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...salafx_wswafx_1

Kannapolis hangs on for a 4-3 win, as mentioned in another thread Chris Getz was 1-2 with two walks. Box:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...kanafx_augafx_1

Bristol wins a rain shortened game, called in the 6th, 3-2. Recent draftee Aaron Cunnigham goes 2-3 and SoxTalk fave Salvador Sanchez hits a triple and plays CF tonite. One of the many Rodriguez's in the White Sox system gets the win by throwing 5 innings with 6 K's. Box:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...brlrok_brirok_1

Lastly, Great Falls is stomping Missoula 12-1 in the 4th inning. Young Brandon Allen, 1B, appears to be the early class of that team. He is 2-2 with a walk so far tonite, one hit a double and the other a triple. He is hitting a tasty .429. Righthander Paul Moviel on the mound.

Barons 9 Montgomery 5

W-Philips L-Cromer

Barons attacked early and often today, Josh Fields delivered a pair of hard smash doubles today one 407 feet away the other down the line in LF. Chris Young smashed HR #17 which tied him for an inning with Delmon Young. Delmon returned the favor with a 445ft blast to center also had a homer taken away by an outstanding leaping catch by Darren Blakely. Casey was hitting missles tonight 2 in a row and surprised everyone in the yard including me by laying a bunt down for a single. Great pitching tonight from Pollok throwing first pitch strikes struck out the side in the 8th in just 11 pitches Fastball from Pollok was 94 on the gun with a hard slider. Meaux in the 9th gave up two bloop hits almost had the battle of the season in the 9th with 2 on 2 out Meuax had a 3-2 count against Mike Curry with Delmon Young the tying run waiting on deck and Jenks ready to face him, But the plate umpire ended it all with a high strike 3 called to Curry to end the game and leave the Jenks- Young Battle for later

Edited by BHAMBARONS

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 04:59 AM)
Barons 9 Montgomery 5

W-Philips L-Cromer

Barons attacked early and often today, Josh Fields delivered a pair of hard smash doubles today one 407 feet away the other down the line in LF.  Chris Young smashed HR #17 which tied him for an inning with Delmon Young.

Wow Delmon Young is going to be so good, talent wise I think he is going to be so much greater this his brother Dmitri... and Fields his one 407 feet and it wasnt a HR?

Not good to see Whisler still ain't improving much. He's been one of my disappointments for this minor league system, after the way he pitched late last season.

Leo Daigle with 3 K's in 4 AB's. Gulp. Even Borch had a BB and no K's tonight. :lol:

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 04:17 AM)
That's what happens when you go from A pitching to AAA pitching.  And some people thought he was a stud because he could hit A pitching at the age of 25. :headshake

Let's wait and see if the guy can make the adjustment. He may never amount to anything, then again, he just might.

Let's wait and see if the guy can make the adjustment.  He may never amount to anything, then again, he just might.

True. I just thought it was hilarious when someone suggested not resigning Konerko and having Daigle replace him next season. Now, I have no problem with not resigning Konerko but come on... :lol:

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
True.  I just thought it was hilarious when someone suggested not resigning Konerko and having Daigle replace him next season. Now, I have no problem with not resigning Konerko but come on... :lol:

I was thinking more in terms of the line of Rogo or Gload filling in at 1B for a year or two.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 03:17 AM)
That's what happens when you go from A pitching to AAA pitching.  And some people thought he was a stud because he could hit A pitching at the age of 25. :headshake

ITS BEEN 2 GAMES

:headshake thats right im giving you the headshake.

Guest JimH
Is it too early to start the "Make Wes Whisler a position player NOW" bandwagon?

Yes, way too early.

I understand your point, but try not to fall into the approach others have on this board, which is to trash a player after a few sub par performances, only to flip flop when they start doing well.

Whisler is a guy who'll need to settle in, he was a project when drafted and had a few minor injury issues. We and the White Sox won't know for sure on him for a couple of years.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
I was thinking more in terms of the line of Rogo or Gload filling in at 1B for a year or two.

Hell with that. If Kong is gone, lets go after Lyle Overbay, Fielder is taking over 1B for Brewers. Overbay would increase his power numbers at the Cell.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 06:46 AM)
True.  I just thought it was hilarious when someone suggested not resigning Konerko and having Daigle replace him next season. Now, I have no problem with not resigning Konerko but come on... :lol:

Ya. That's a bit of a stretch.