BBTN Harry Reynolds

Texsox

Of course, when BBTN had Harry Reynolds put together his All-Star starting lineup there were zero White Sox players. The only pick that he made that I would have argued was not starting Buerhle or Garland. The best team in baseball should have at least one starter and I'm guessing it will be on the mound.

I never have cared for Reynolds. He has a terrible voice for broadcasting. Brantley is an idiot, never liked him. That show is getting worse and worse.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
Yeah, I saw this...and of course he picked Halladay.  It should have been Buerhle.

Idonno Halladay has been flat out dominating, It really would be a tough pick between the 2 if you look at it from an unbiased soxfan opinion.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 07:34 AM)
Idonno Halladay has been flat out dominating,  It really would be a tough pick between the 2 if you look at it from an unbiased soxfan opinion.

I can't be unbiased! Anyway, its real close...Roy 2.4 ERA vs. Mark 2.42...Halladay has about 10 more strikeouts...1 more win, but 3 more losses...

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 08:12 AM)
Steve Stone should do baseball tonight, he the smartest one out there and would provide the best insight.  He still could do some analysis for ESPN as well.

:notworthy He would be good.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 08:12 AM)
Steve Stone should do baseball tonight, he the smartest one out there and would provide the best insight.  He still could do some analysis for ESPN as well.

Stone for Brantley sounds like a winner to me.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:29 AM)

My first reaction was OMG, YAS and I agree on something. Then I realized this wasn't SL&P ;)

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 09:29 AM)

Brantley's a doof. Anyways nothing wrong with what Reynolds did, the only starter you can argue for the sox is really Mark and him and Halladay are very close. That's a tossup imo.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 07:34 AM)
Idonno Halladay has been flat out dominating,  It really would be a tough pick between the 2 if you look at it from an unbiased soxfan opinion.

^^^

IMO Halladay has the leg up seeing how he's better than Buehrle in almost every pitchting category.

2005 Statistical Breakdow, Buehrle Vs. Halladay.

Halladay - W:11, L:4, ERA:2.4, CG:5, SHO:2, H:107, BB:16, SO:98, WHIP:0.94, OPSA:.577, BAA:.222, K/BB:5.44, BB/9:1.10, K/9:6.73, H9:7.35

Buehrle - W:10, L:1, ERA:2.42, CG:2, SHO:1, H:110, BB:17, SO:79, WHIP:1.04, OPSA:.594, BAA:.242, K/BB:4.16 BB/9:1.25, K/9: 5.80, H9:8.07

I'm just wondering if anyone can look at these stats and tell me that Buehrle is more deserving than Halladay.

It's ultra close in EVER SINGLE category. So it really is a toss up, however if you really want the more deserving pitcher to start you have to go with Halladay.

Just for the record as a Sox fan I would love to see Buehrle start the AS game but as a Baseball fan I just can't rationalize it.

Edited by Kalapse

Kalapse, you are right. Except, that Buehrle has been remarkably consistent in his career. He has been one of the best leftys in the AL for three years now. He's a workhorse and has nothing to show for it. Halladay has a Cy Young and the strikeout numbers that make him flashy.

Mark should get his just desserts and be able to start the AS game.

That being said, I don't want him to, because I want him saved for the 2nd half.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
Kalapse, you are right.  Except, that Buehrle has been remarkably consistent in his career.  He has been one of the best leftys in the AL for three years now.  He's a workhorse and has nothing to show for it.  Halladay has a Cy Young and the strikeout numbers that make him flashy. 

That being said, I don't want him to, because I want him saved for the 2nd half.

You chronicle Buehrle's career but you think one or two extra innings pitched will fatigue him? Something is wrong with that picture.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
Kalapse, you are right.  Except, that Buehrle has been remarkably consistent in his career.  He has been one of the best leftys in the AL for three years now.  He's a workhorse and has nothing to show for it.  Halladay has a Cy Young and the strikeout numbers that make him flashy. 

See that's what some people think, since Halladay won a Cy Young and has been talked about more than Buehrle over his career that Buehrle is owed something for being so underrated over his career.

I do not subscirbe to the line of thinking, when it comes to the All-Star game I want the most deserving people to start in the game. IMO Halladay is having a better season than Buehrle.

That's why I've been pushing for Teixeira to start at 1B in the AL and Hernandez to start at C in the NL (although he is injured now) Martinez was leading because he's on the Yankees and Piazza is leading because of past success.

IMO the AS game has become and farce and I hate the way it's run but I love debating who should go.

The best team in baseball should have a starter and either Burhle or Garland should get the start. It's an exhibition game. I'm not too hung up on who is having a better season, etc. It's an exhibition game, not the actual Cy Young voting, etc. It's an exhibition game. I'd rather see an aging superstar one more time than a maybe here today gone tomorrow guy. But I think it's only an exhibition game.