Sox @ A's 7/1 Game Thread 9:05CT

Spiff

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
This game will hinge on Contreras, I know that is stating the obvious but a quality outing for him here, that would be huge.  Give the pen another day off hopefully.

That'd be nice, Shingo and Viz are most likely still unavailabe for today, so it'd be great to give the pen even more rest.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH

2 down. There is no reason for Contreras not to use the fastball 75% of the time. Keep it near the zone and let the A's hack.

Nice quick inning.

3 up, 3 down for the A's, Contreras threw exactly 8 pitches, 7 of them for strikes.

Keep doing that Jose! I know that pitch to Chavez went to the wall, but just THROW STRIKES. If they beat you while throwing strikes, then they beat you...these things happen. JUST DON'T GIVE THEM THE WALKS.

Do that inning 7 more times Jose.

It's tied in Minny. Brazleton (sp?) has gotten wild again.

Bases juiced, Jacque Jones at the plate. 4-4.

EDIT: Three runs score on a Jones triple. Game, set match...

We have to survive this stretch. I believe Minny basically plays TB and KC until the ASB, so as long as we can maintain a solid lead -- well, then, that's good.

Edited by CWSGuy406

Guest JimH

They need to keep making Harden work. Harrelson was saying he talked to Walker last nite, and they discussed making Harden beat you on the fastball. Get him into fastball counts and drive it.

14 pitch inning, 48 thrown by Harden through 2. Not great, but not terrible that inning in terms of pitches thrown.

God I wish someone could teach Crede & Uribe not to swing at that low pitch. They always try to uppercut it and end up swinging above it.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
Uribe's swing is like Happy Gilmore's golf swing.  But I don't care cause he plays a hell of a shortstop. :drink

Yeah, but do you realize how many runs this team could score per game if Uribe could just find what he had the first 2 or 3 months las tyear?