Sox @ A's 7/1 Game Thread 9:05CT

Spiff

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)
See how great the team unity is after a few more of these types of starts.  We need someone to throw strikes.

He's still better than virtually any #4 starter you're going to find. He's having a bad month. The guy's ERA was 3.13 after his first June start. We're really splitting hairs if we're that worried about the back end of our staff considering how well our top 3 are doing and how far in front in the division we are.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely un-f***ing-believable how Bajenaru hasn't gotten a shot over this POS yet. Mercy... should've traded him after his hot spring.

Well, can't do that till June 1st, but still. Hell, send up Josh Fields, who also has had a MUCH better season than Walker. He sucks at AAA, and they think he can get the job done in the majors? What the hell?!?!?!

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 04:02 AM)
He's still better than virtually any #4 starter you're going to find. He's having a bad month. The guy's ERA was 3.13 after his first June start. We're really splitting hairs if we're that worried about the back end of our staff considering how well our top 3 are doing and how far in front in the division we are.

Contreras has been sharp in like one out of his last 5 starts. His last two starts have been absolutely brutal. If he continues to struggle like he's been, we WILL need to be concerned about finding another starter. The thing with Contreras is that his approach is so different from the attitude of the big 3 starters.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)

I think he's worried that Contreras will come back down to Earth and put up his regular numbers. Numbers like 5.something ERA, 1.6 WHIP, etc.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
Contreras has been sharp in like one out of his last 5 starts.  His last two starts have been absolutely brutal.  If he continues to struggle like he's been, we WILL need to be concerned about finding another starter.  The thing with Contreras is that his approach is so different from the attitude of the big 3 starters.

His overall peformance this year is still better than what we got from Freddy and Jon last year. Things could be worse.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
I think he's worried that Contreras will come back down to Earth and put up his regular numbers.  Numbers like 5.something ERA, 1.6 WHIP, etc.

By regular numbers do you mean his numbers in one year?

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)

I have a question for you then. Is it completely unreasonable for someone to state that based on his history over the last few years. Including last year of pitching similiar to what we see tonight, to come to the conclusion that maybe he has regressed and lost confidence in his fastball just a bit. That he is reverting to forkball city.

I know I might not be the eternal optimist. But if this performance, matched up with his last few, and his history from last few years. Does this not ring warning signs.

Two things. Sign Jabroni's new guy, Quantrill, the LOOGY, and promote Baj. I don't give a damn what you do with Vizcaino and Walker, just, get them out of the organization.

Man... I wish we would've grabbed someone else from Milwaukee rather than Viz.