Sox @ A's 7/1 Game Thread 9:05CT

Spiff

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
The pitchers suck, but the ump aint doing them any favors.

You have to admit, when the walks start to pile up like this, plus a few wild pitches, most umps wont call the close ones. And Hawk and DJ just commented on this.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If KW doesn't mix things up very soon, I'll be dumbfounded. This game just illustrates how bad some of these pitchers are. Contreras is bad, and he's coming down to earth hard, Walker is a joke that hasn't been funny in a while, and Vizcaino sucks.

All the props in the world to just about every other pitcher on this team though.

2-0 again.

Guest JimH
seriously, why did we bring him up? Can Ozzie and the Orginization be that fuking dumb?

Bad outing for Walker there, all he had to do was get it close to the strike zone.

Now, let me explain why they brought up Walker. It as much to force the other manager into something as anything else. You absolutely need two lefthanders in the bullpen to prevent the other manager from doing things you don't want him to do.

Problem is, they need a better LH option than Kevin Walker. Before someone says Arnie Munoz, I personally don't think he's the answer, he has control issues too.

It is easy to say Bajenaru and he cannot be worse than what we just saw, but he is also not the answer for a long man. That should be Walker's role but he is not proving he can do it. Had he gotten Swisher he could have been left in there.

It comes down to this, they need better pitchers. I'm not going to freak out over one wacky outing here but they need more relief depth. Then again so do about 26 other teams.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 04:06 AM)
If Baj isn't called up after this game, I may, I may....laugh a lot.

Trust me, he's not coming up. Walker walking one batter isn't going to make Baj look any better to the Sox brass.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
Two things.  Sign Jabroni's new guy, Quantrill, the LOOGY, and promote Baj.  I don't give a damn what you do with Vizcaino and Walker, just, get them out of the organization.

Man...  I wish we would've grabbed someone else from Milwaukee rather than Viz.

You mean stanton. ;) It feels like we're getting blown out but we can somehow someway still win this thing.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:06 PM)
Two things.  Sign Jabroni's new guy, Quantrill, the LOOGY, and promote Baj.  I don't give a damn what you do with Vizcaino and Walker, just, get them out of the organization.

Man...  I wish we would've grabbed someone else from Milwaukee rather than Viz.

Stanton you mean and i agree 1000000000000000%.

Rowand fish you alright.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 04:07 AM)
Bad outing for Walker there, all he had to do was get it close to the strike zone.

Now, let me explain why they brought up Walker.  It as much to force the other manager into something as anything else.  You absolutely need two lefthanders in the bullpen to prevent the other manager from doing things you don't want him to do.

Problem is, they need a better LH option than Kevin Walker.  Before someone says Arnie Munoz, I personally don't think he's the answer, he has control issues too.

It is easy to say Bajenaru and he cannot be worse than what we just saw, but he is also not the answer for a long man.  That should be Walker's role but he is not proving he can do it.  Had he gotten Swisher he could have been left in there.

It comes down to this, they need better pitchers.  I'm not going to freak out over one wacky outing here but they need more relief depth.  Then again so do about 26 other teams.

We need a long reliever, plain and simple.

I actually agree with DJ. Contreras has to be the most stubborn pitcher on the team.

Why cant he just throw strikes and stop being a wus. YOU ARE GETTING PAID 8 mil. to throw strikes not to throw 3 wild pitches and 7 f**king walks. :angry: :angry:

:bringit or get lost.

And why is Ozzie putting in Walker, he's there for long relief. The first mistake is putting him in a tight game and the second is taking him out after the second batter. Youre just using up the bullpen, Ozzie.

We have a chance to win this and our pitching is giving it away. Must be an Oakland curse. :huh

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)

Now, let me explain why they brought up Walker.  It as much to force the other manager into something as anything else.  You absolutely need two lefthanders in the bullpen to prevent the other manager from doing things you don't want him to do.

Problem is, they need a better LH option than Kevin Walker.  Before someone says Arnie Munoz, I personally don't think he's the answer, he has control issues too.

It is easy to say Bajenaru and he cannot be worse than what we just saw, but he is also not the answer for a long man.  That should be Walker's role but he is not proving he can do it.  Had he gotten Swisher he could have been left in there.

It comes down to this, they need better pitchers.  I'm not going to freak out over one wacky outing here but they need more relief depth.  Then again so do about 26 other teams.

Jim what do you think of what we have seen from Conteras lately. Cause for concern. Or do we just list it as an abberation.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 12:07 AM)
You have to admit, when the walks start to pile up like this, plus a few wild pitches, most umps wont call the close ones.  And Hawk and DJ just commented on this.

They won't, but I wish they would.

Guest JimH
1 f***ing hit and they still leave 3 on base and score 2

That is really something. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Plus, Pierzynski must be beat to hell with al that moving around he's doing.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
I actually agree with DJ.  Contreras has to be the most stubborn pitcher on the team.

Why cant he just throw strikes and stop being a wus.  YOU ARE GETTING PAID 8 mil. to throw strikes not to throw 3 wild pitches and 7 f**king walks. :angry:  :angry:

:bringit  or get lost.

And why is Ozzie putting in Walker, he's there for long relief.  The first mistake is  putting him in a tight game and the second is taking him out after the second batter.  Youre just using up the bullpen, Ozzie.

We have a chance to win this and our pitching is giving it away.  Must be an Oakland curse. :huh

This is not a curse. This is just playing bad baseball. Errors/Walks/Wild Pitches are just examples of shooting yourself in the foot. There is no one to blame but themselves on this.

I want to rip my f***in head off. We can't throw strikes, we walk in two runs, we take 2 hours to play 5 innings of baseball, and THAT f***ING HORN IN THE BACKGROUND IS GNAWING INTO MY BRAIN. JESUS CHRIST, can't they edit that s*** out of the background noise or something.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
I have a question for you then.  Is it completely unreasonable for someone to state that based on his history over the last few years.  Including last year of pitching similiar to what we see tonight, to come to the conclusion that maybe he has regressed and lost confidence in his fastball just a bit.  That he is reverting to forkball city. 

I know I might not be the eternal optimist.  But if this performance, matched up with his last few, and his history from last few years.  Does this not ring warning signs.

The guy has like two major league seasons behind him. There isn't a whole lot of information to go by. The guy put together a solid two months of baseball, and things haven't changed that much. He's always going to walk a decent number of guys. In his recent struggles, the problem has been hits more than walks (4 homers in the Az game, 1 and 5 other hits in the other one). In his last 4, he's had one pretty good start, one mediocre one, and two bad ones (and this one of course). He still has to go a long way to get his numbers back to his previous totals.

QUOTE(JohnStamos @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
I want to rip my f***in head off.  We can't throw strikes, we walk in two runs, we take 2 hours to play 5 innings of baseball, and THAT f***ING HORN IN THE BACKGROUND IS GNAWING INTO MY BRAIN.  JESUS CHRIST, can't they edit that s*** out of the background noise or something.

lol,edit.

QUOTE(wherehaveyougoneharold @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
From what I've seen, lets all take a moment a thank god they're not going to the post season.  We just can't win out there.

They've won 7 in a row and are slowing climbing back into contention. There is a shot that could comeback seeing as they have been a 2nd half team in the past.