Sox @ A's 7/1 Game Thread 9:05CT

Spiff

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
Clement got killed today, and he's got that injury history hanging over him, especially if he throws too many sliders.

The cubans have both been very healthy over their years of service.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
The cubans have both been very healthy over their years of service.

Contreras hasn't been injured much at all actually in his MLB career.

QUOTE(JohnStamos @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
Regardless, I'd still take his sub-4 era (3.81 as a matter of fact).  His splits suggest he pitches significantly better at home, so maybe Washington is just a hitter's friendly park that is the root of his success.

Um, you got that backwords. Washington is more of a pitcher's park. His road ERA is 5.25, and his ERA was 4.86 with the Sox last year, and 8.50 with the Yankees. No thank you.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 04:27 AM)
That right there just makes me think we're losing this game.  f***ing Contreras shat the bed once again.

2 runs won't win you many games, especially on the road against a team playing with a ton of confidence. I would have rather Contreras gave up 7 runs, and get hit hard, then the s*** that happened tonight. We have 6 outs to try and get any type of offense going.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
Um, you got that backwords. Washington is more of a pitcher's park. His road ERA is 5.25, and his ERA was 4.86 with the Sox last year, and 8.50 with the Yankees. No thank you.

Esteban would get hammered here.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)

Sorry, was thinking pitcher friendly and typed hitter. I guess he probably would look like last year's edition with the addition of the Cell as his home park.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:29 PM)
What's the Sox' record when Contreras starts?

Looks like 7-8 by my count. Not all of those losses were his fault though. One of them was the Cleveland game where Vizcaino let up a 7 spot in the 11th.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
That right there just makes me think we're losing this game.  f***ing Contreras shat the bed once again.

He didn't just s*** the bed, he had a full blown case of the bubble guts tonight.

7 walks and 3 WP's

CHRIST THAT SUCKS!!

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
Looks like 7-8 by my count. Not all of those losses were his fault though. One of them was the Cleveland game where Vizcaino let up a 7 spot in the 11th.

Contreras has been very good up until his last 4 starts.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
Good.

If WHarris is right, it's not good. 7-7 is decent, but it makes me think that the team doesn't play as hard when the Count is in there. We know they don't score runs when he pitches. I'm probably just letting my dislike for the guy cloud my judgment, though.

I actually think bullpen is the least of our problems at the moment. We should be looking at another starter and a possible position player.

While we're in the middle of the league in overall offensive categories, we still have the WORST offense in all of baseball against RHP. That's a problem, especially since a majority of pitchers are right-handed.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
If WHarris is right, it's not good.  7-7 is decent, but it makes me think that the team doesn't play as hard when the Count is in there.  We know they don't score runs when he pitches.  I'm probably just letting my dislike for the guy cloud my judgment, though.

I think Buehrle gets less run support and you can't say they don't play hard for Mark.