Fireworks offenders..

Steff

Do the cops in your area enforce the "no fireworks" law in your areas..?

The last 2 years in Plainfield we have a group a few houses around the lake that put on a really great show.. no one calls to complain that I know about. And they are all adults and seem very responsible..

Then we have these teens who, for the past 2 weeks (and I'll guess that it's only going to get worse over the next few days), have been blasting bottle rockets all of the neighborhood.

I don't care cause I sleep regardless but my neighbor who lives across the street away from the lake was ranting and raving this morning about calling the cops. I suggested maybe asking them to stop if it gets to late before starting a neighborhood war... Anyone had any trouble with neighbors blowing them off all night..? I can't imagine they wouldn't stop if you were nice about it.

I think we've actually invited some of Chicago's finest to blow off some of our stuff while they were on duty and they were more than happy to oblige.

Of course, that is all of naught as this year we will be heading to my lakehouse on the chain and who knows what thost psyco DNR/sheriff's police enforce up there.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:06 AM)
Since it's legal over here, we have never been able to do anything about it. I'm glad for that too because late at night is the only good time to do fireworks.

If I didn't sleep during them I might be pissed about them going off at 3am... but I think I would just go ask them to stop versus calling the cops.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)
If I didn't sleep during them I might be pissed about them going off at 3am... but I think I would just go ask them to stop versus calling the cops.

I didn't mean that late, but I usually work until 11 and it isn't dark until 9 o'clock anyways if I'm not working, so you are always going to wake somebody up I guess.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)

For a majority of our neighbors, that's how we would handle it. There are a couple that are impossible and we wouldn't even waste our breath and just call the cops to deal with it if it was causing problems.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
For a majority of our neighbors, that's how we would handle it.  There are a couple that are impossible and we wouldn't even waste our breath and just call the cops to deal with it if it was causing problems.

The teens are new to lighting them off this year.. the big group usually ends about 11:30ish on the 3rd and 4th. I didn't hear the kids.. but I guess they were setting them off well past 2am last night. I did find their mess on my deck this morning though... I wasn't pleased about that.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
Do the cops in your area enforce the "no fireworks" law in your areas..?

The last 2 years in Plainfield we have a group a few houses around the lake that put on a really great show.. no one calls to complain that I know about. And they are all adults and seem very responsible..

Then we have these teens who, for the past 2 weeks (and I'll guess that it's only going to get worse over the next few days), have been blasting bottle rockets all of the neighborhood.

I don't care cause I sleep regardless but my neighbor who lives across the street away from the lake was ranting and raving this morning about calling the cops. I suggested maybe asking them to stop if it gets to late before starting a neighborhood war... Anyone had any trouble with neighbors blowing them off all night..? I can't imagine they wouldn't stop if you were nice about it.

We had a problem with some people near my in-laws house last year. The bottle rockets kept landing in their yard and we had 5 little kids running around.

The noise isn't so much the problem as somebody getting hurt. The people setting them off have no idea (and probably don't care) where they land.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
We had a problem with some people near my in-laws house last year. The bottle rockets kept landing in their yard and we had 5 little kids running around.

The noise isn't so much the problem as somebody getting hurt. The people setting them off have no idea (and probably don't care) where they land.

There was crap on my solar cover on the pool this morning..

Our local ordinance states nothing over 150mm after 2am. That includes, grenades, shoulder launcher RPG, surface to air missiles, etc.

Welcome to Texas y'all.

Actually it is illegal to set them off in the city limits, but that is generally ignored. There are several legal and illegal factories down here making them so they are cheap and plentiful. It is also considered good play to pull out your firearms and shoot bullets into the sky, because gravity is suspended on the 4th of July and the bullets won't fall to the earth.