Bean Bags

Controlled Chaos

Ok I made some bean bags for a buddy last year. I got the dimensions from here, which says length shold be 34 1/2 - 36". I'm ready to make some of my own now and I see there are some different opinions on length. Windy city bags make theirs from 42 to 45 1/2. Some other sites I saw make them as long as 48".

Any experts here?

What do you guys think with regards to length? (Bite your tongue steff)

Best game in the world to play while drinking with family and friends!!! It's fun at first, but as the time goes by, it gets better and better! I actually throw better after I have had a few. My wife and I are asking my wifes sister and her man to build us our own. Great stuff though.

• 2 months later...
QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 05:56 PM)
Best game in the world to play while drinking with family and friends!!! It's fun at first, but as the time goes by, it gets better and better! I actually throw better after I have had a few. My wife and I are asking my wifes sister and her man to build us our own. Great stuff though.

i knew i wasn't the only one...

"no you don't understand, i haven't gotten warmed up yet, i'm only on my first beer"

QUOTE(bmags @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
i knew i wasn't the only one...

"no you don't understand, i haven't gotten warmed up yet, i'm only on my first beer"

It's my firm belief that beanbags was invented primarily as a way to curb the number of accidents attributed to drunk Southsiders playing horseshoes and jarts ("lawn darts") on summer holiday weekends. Let 'em throw beanbags and nobody ends up at the emergency room. At least until we light the Coleman... :P

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
It's my firm belief that beanbags was invented primarily as a way to curb the number of accidents attributed to drunk Southsiders playing horseshoes and jarts ("lawn darts") on summer holiday weekends.  Let 'em throw beanbags and nobody ends up at the emergency room.  At least until we light the Coleman...  :P

haha, its likely, although they still hurt.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)
I have been playing cornhole since i was a kid.  And now that it is getting more popular with everyone, we have switched back to playing washers, which is not as easy to make, but can be even more fun.  Has anyone heard of this ladder golf game?

Is ladder golf the one where you essentially have a ladder with 3 rungs on it, and you throw these...ropes?...with balls on the ends of em, and if you hit it right it will wrap around one of the rungs?

I saw some kids playing this type of game after the football game saturday; first time i had seen anything of that nature.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 04:47 PM)
Is ladder golf the one where you essentially have a ladder with 3 rungs on it, and you throw these...ropes?...with balls on the ends of em, and if you hit it right it will wrap around one of the rungs?

I saw some kids playing this type of game after the football game saturday; first time i had seen anything of that nature.

I believe that's it, I've seen it just about every Saturday at 4th and Kirby in that parking lot and I know some people were playing it last spring at the World's Largest Softball Tailgate, but unfortunately I don't know how it is played. I stick with bean bags, but I think washers is better.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
It's my firm belief that beanbags was invented primarily as a way to curb the number of accidents attributed to drunk Southsiders playing horseshoes and jarts ("lawn darts")...

Ya want stupid??? When I was a kid we used to split up into two groups. The two groups would stand on either side of my buddies house and throw the jarts over the top to see who could get closest to the circle that way!!!