Minutemen reject Al-Jazeera coverage

KipWellsFan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
The fact that you say it that way implies that all muslims are terrorists.  They are not.  The "Death to America" world is that 1% of Muslims who actually feel that way.  Al Jazeera, despite their poor attempt to appear objective, is clearly the mouthpiece for those 1%  and as such they are the enemy.  They are little different from the Tokyo Rose or Axis Annie of another time.

I'm just going to disagree with you on the Al-Jazeera issue. But probably neither of us know enough about Al-Jazeera to make a good judgement.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 02:20 AM)
I'm just going to disagree with you on the Al-Jazeera issue.  But probably neither of us know enough about Al-Jazeera to make a good judgement.

Yet that didn't seem to stop you from commenting.

To label al-jazeera as the enemy is ridiculous, I'm pretty sure its main criticism has been it's to nice to Israel. On this point they probably really have no idea how middle east works, but I won't pretend to understand the whole situation either.

And to call Al-Jazeera a terrorist network is a cop out and in my opinion wrong and Al-Jazeera certainly isn't against freedom in one bit

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 05:01 AM)
You don't have to know much about Al-Jazeera to know they aren't a terrorist network or the enemy.  Besides if we don't discuss things where we don't have expertise we'll never be encouraged to learn more about them.

My bad. I should have said that your lack of knowledge didn't stop you from reaching a conclusion, not commenting. Notice how you said with certainty that

Al-Jazeera certainly isn't against freedom in one bit
. I wonder where you got that bit of first hand info?

I don't have to privilege to have the channel but I have done some reading and watched Control Room.

wikipedia is always a wonderful source

EDIT: thanks to Michael Moore though documentaries seems to have taken a hit in their reputation. But I'd urge anyone to check it out before they judge it.

Edited by KipWellsFan