I really dont like Sylvester Stallone

Soxplosion

We had quite a discussion during my European History class today. In the Vietnam era, a young man named John Rambo decided to serve his country and go to Vietnam (sorry but I do not know his rank or branch). He was soon killed in action. At the same time, a man named Sylvester Stallone disgraced his country and ran from the draft. He soon, as we all know, became a leading actor (I was gonna say successful because such a coward doesnt succeed) in Hollywood. And he sooned potrayed the character "Rambo" and made him look like a psycho. If I were Mr and Mrs Rambo, father of John, I would have been very upset... :angry:

We had quite a discussion during my European History class today. In the Vietnam era, a young man named John Rambo decided to serve his country and go to Vietnam (sorry but I do not know his rank or branch). He was soon killed in action. At the same time, a man named Sylvester Stallone disgraced his country and ran from the draft. He soon, as we all know, became a leading actor (I was gonna say successful because such a coward doesnt succeed) in Hollywood. And he sooned potrayed the character "Rambo" and made him look like a psycho. If I were Mr and Mrs Rambo, father of John, I would have been very upset... :angry:

Bill Clinton dodged the draft to........did ya hate him?

That movie was based on a fictional novel written by David Morrell,who also helped write the screenplay.

Your a dumbass.

Guest hotsoxchick1
That movie was based on a fictional novel written by David Morrell,who also helped write the screenplay.

Your a dumbass.

thats what i was just thinking..... well all but the dumbass part.. hes just a kid and doesnt know better........no need to call him a dumbass.........

Oh good grief.. Please, PLEASE tell me you are kidding.!!

Next you'll be telling us that "Rocky" was really the heavyweight champ... oy vey!

Your a dumbass.

But still PH. How would you feel if your son served and died for his country, and then some years later a character is created and hes a violent psycho with your family name and hes played by a draft dodging coward? I dont suppose youd be happy...

I would have dodged a draft too.  I love my country, but I am not going to put myself in a position to kill another human being.

I wouldnt have gone by the draft either. I would have enlisted. Or if I had a college education I would have become a professional officer...

Your a dumbass.

But still PH. How would you feel if your son served and died for his country, and then some years later a character is created and hes a violent psycho with your family name and hes played by a draft dodging coward? I dont suppose youd be happy...

Umm... fiction is made up. Make believe. Not true. No one's family name has been tarnished.

The Vietnam War was really a crime against America.  They sent our men and women over to there fight and die, but not to win.  And had a mandatory draft to top it off. LBJ and his cronies should have been prosecuted.

LBJ was very high on the domino theory, which is, if one "small little rice paddy on the other side of the world" (as the media called it) fell to communism others (like Laos and Cambodia) would too. This is why we went to war. So we pulled out in 1973 and in 1975 the North Vietnamese disregarded Henry Kissingers peace treaty and invaded the South. On April 30 1975 Saigon fell to the communist forces of the North. But, contrary to what LBJ would have expected, no other country fell. And so 58000 Americans died for nothing, sadly...

Your a dumbass.

Umm... fiction is made up. Make believe. Not true. No one's family name has been tarnished.

Well maybe its just me (actually my history teacher and my mom do agree) but I would be really pissed off...