NBA Trade Value List

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
No it won't - Iggy>Gordon.  Thing is say the Bulls have Iggy last year instead of Gordon they have a less wins.  Who would have done the scoring?

Not that I know a ton about basketball, and I am of course a little late, like always, but...

Who would draft two SF's in the first round? ;)

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 01:59 AM)
Not that I know a ton about basketball, and I am of course a little late, like always, but...

Who would draft two SF's in the first round?  ;)

Deng could play as the shooting guard. He did during basically every game for a few minutes at least at some point in time. Now he wouldn't be an ideal shooting guard but it would work out. Both deng and iggy are superior overall players than gordon, by far.

Looks like the interest in Eddy has not been hurt one bit by his recent heart problems.

Bulls quickly learn Curry in demand

Cavaliers, Hawks contact center as free agency begins

As Friday's NBA free-agent signing period approached, the Bulls wondered if other NBA teams might take a chance on pursuing Eddy Curry despite his iffy health.

Did they?

In a heartbeat.

Any questions about how Curry's heart condition might affect the market for his services were answered shortly after midnight Thursday when, according to a source, the Cleveland Cavaliers and Atlanta Hawks contacted the Bulls' center once the free-agency bell had sounded.

I can't post the whole article. Here's the link.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...bulls-headlines

You might have to register. It's free and quick.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
Deng could play as the shooting guard. He did during basically every game for a few minutes at least at some point in time. Now he wouldn't be an ideal shooting guard but it would work out. Both deng and iggy are superior overall players than gordon, by far.

Deng, when healthy, is a better overall player. But Iggy? He's already a damn good defender. But the rest of his game is suspect. He has nothing that resembles a jumper and can't really create. His best offensive move is catching a lob from Iverson. I'd take Mr. Clutch over Iggy at this point.

Gosh, if I keep doing this I'm going to start becoming the guy who hates all trades...seriously, I like the Lee for Podsednik deal!

I think that the lineup the Bulls have right now is basically as good of a lineup as anyone can build, anywhere. It's missing exactly 1 piece.

Curry and Chandler both have strengths and weaknesses. Both are still developing, but the key for me is that their weaknesses and strengths perfectly complement each other.

Chandler is a dominating force on the boards and in clogging up the middle. Eddy Curry is a dominating offensive post force. Chandler needs to work on the offensive post, Curry needs to work on rebounding and defending the post. But when you slap them together, you cover the asses of both of them; you keep both defense and offense in there.

I think the lack of Eddy Curry was probably the biggest reason why the Bulls lost to the Wizards. Why? Because Washington's big men were able to dominate the lane - Davis, Harrington and Chandler weren't enough to stop them. Why? Because our guys were constantly in foul trouble and none of their guys were.

This means only 1 thing...without Curry, we didn't have a solid offensive post presence. When we got the ball, we couldn't go down into the lane and work their guys, so we couldn't draw fouls on the big guys from Washington. Then, those guys with no fouls would go down to the other end, draw fouls on chandler, break down the defense, and their outside shots would open up when our guys had to double down.

Curry and Chandler make up a perfect pair; you have offense and hopefully improving defense, and you have defense and improving offense.

What do you need to go with this combo? First, you need a couple of guys who are money from outside, so that when teams double down on Curry we can hurt them. Read: Ben Gordon, and partially Kirk Hinrich.

You need a guy or two who can get the ball into Curry and Chandler's hands on offense in good positions, where they're not immediately double-teamed. This is Hinrich and Duhon. both can make shots, so their guys can't leave them, and both are improving as passers.

And finally, we need 1 last piece...outside defense. We have to be able to defend on the arc...for most guards, there are 2 ways to score, either they drive into the lane or they stay on the outside and make shots. Ginobili and Parker are perfect examples. If we stick an average defender in Curry and a dominant defender in Chandler in the lane, it'll be damn hard for anyone to penetrate. This means that the outside shot will be the only other piece that can hurt us.

Therefore, we need a couple of guys to clog up the outside. Deng can do some of this...good long arms, athletic, etc. Right now, Gordon can't do this. Hinrich can do some of it, but he's not dominant yet. Therefore, the big piece I'd say we're missing right now is an outside defender. Someone like a Doug Christie, who I believe is a free agent this year, would give us the ability to cover all our bases.

Therefore, my goals this offseason are;

1. Re-sign Curry and Chandler.

2. Re-sign Duhon if humanly possible.

3. Find a defensive minded guard.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 12:02 PM)
He's a RFA and I don't see Pax letting him go, so we are good there.  I love Du too.

I agree, but my 1 point would be to say that he shouldn't get so much money that it prevents us from signing Curry, Chandler, or Hinrich in the future.

He's an important piece of the puzzle, because he might be a better pure point guard (passing) than Hinrich.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
I agree, but my 1 point would be to say that he shouldn't get so much money that it prevents us from signing Curry, Chandler, or Hinrich in the future.

He's an important piece of the puzzle, because he might be a better pure point guard (passing) than Hinrich.

I would say he will get the LLE or around 6 mil 3 years

Honest question about Duhon. Why the fuss over keeping him? He has an atrocious FG and 3PT percentage, and averages a turnover for every 1.75 assists. I admit he is a good rebounding guard, and he plays solid defense, but is he really worth any kind of bidding war if it comes to that?

This isn't the usual UNC hatred of a Duke player either, I think Duhon is a good guy and I'm actually rooting for him. Now I think I will go vomit.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
Honest question about Duhon. Why the fuss over keeping him? He has an atrocious FG and 3PT percentage, and averages a turnover for every 1.75 assists. I admit he is a good rebounding guard, and he plays solid defense, but is he really worth any kind of bidding war if it comes to that?

This isn't the usual UNC hatred of a Duke player either, I think Duhon is a good guy and I'm actually rooting for him. Now I think I will go vomit.

The defense and the rebounding is key. But also what other rookie point can lead a playoff team. That's God damn impressive. Also his FG% consistanty increased throughout the entire season sans March.

I don't think a bidding war will be a problem because Chris is greatful for the chance he got last year and he wants to stay. If we throw 6 mil - 3 years he will take it.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 03:30 AM)
Deng,  when healthy,  is a better overall player.  But Iggy?  He's already a damn good defender.  But the rest of his game is suspect.  He has nothing that resembles a jumper and can't really create.  His best offensive move is catching a lob from Iverson.  I'd take Mr. Clutch over Iggy at this point.

He has a pretty nice 12-16 foot jumper actually which is where half of his shots comes from. He is also pretty good at taking it hard to the hole and finishing. His shot may be kinda ugly but so is shawn marion's ( is there a worse release in the leauge?) and they both shoot at high percentages.

Gordon was top ten in one category for rookies last year while iggy was top ten in four categories and that is not accounting for his defense (iggy>>>>>>>>>gordon's lack of defense).

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)

His assist to turnover ratio was seventh best in the league at 3.34 and his basketball iq may be the best on the team. His defense and overall hustle is probally better than just ''solid''.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
He has a pretty nice 12-16 foot jumper actually which is where half of his shots comes from. He is also pretty good at taking it hard to the hole and finishing. His shot may be kinda ugly but so is shawn marion's ( is there a worse release in the leauge?) and they both shoot at high percentages.

Gordon was top ten in one category for rookies last year while iggy was top ten in four categories and that is not accounting for his defense (iggy>>>>>>>>>gordon's lack of defense).

Without Gordon, this team will have basically no outside shot. Duhon, Hinrich, Pargo can all make jumpers outside, but they're not guys that you really get scared if they start firing up threes.

Ben Gordon is one of those guys. You do not want Ben Gordon getting an open shot outside. Even if he's had a bad game, his shot is still a threat. And with a few more years on him, i'll bet it'll be even more so.

AI has a decent jumper, but he's not a guy who can stretch a defense by any stretch of the imagination. He doesn't give us another element at all, and I think he wouldn't be a good fit on this team.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)

Duhon is a really good defender with a solid bball i.q.

His jumper improved as the season went on. Hinrich doesn't have to chase the quick pg's around all game with Duhon in there. As somebody mentioned, his assist/turnover ratio was one of the best in the league. This guy was a secound round steal. We most definitely have to bring him back.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
Duhon is a really good defender with a solid bball i.q.

His jumper improved as the season went on.  Hinrich doesn't have to chase the quick pg's around all game with Duhon in there.  As somebody mentioned,  his assist/turnover ratio was one of the best in the league.  This guy was a secound round steal.  We most definitely have to bring him back.

He still needs to improve his jumper.

If the price is right, I'm all for it.

first and foremost i hope we resign Curry and than Chandler in that order.... than if we have cap room and he wont cost much make an offer to Duhon..... I know a lot of people think Chandler is >>> Curry but in the playoffs if it was the other way around Chandler being injured and Curry healthy i bet we would of won that 1st series.

Chandler for the most part was pretty ineffective during our little playoff run and while I like him more than Curry, Curry is far more valuable to this team.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
first and foremost i hope we resign Curry and than Chandler in that order.... than if we have cap room and he wont cost much make an offer to Duhon..... I know a lot of people think Chandler is >>> Curry but in the playoffs if it was the other way around Chandler being injured and Curry healthy i bet we would of won that 1st series.

Chandler for the most part was pretty ineffective during our little playoff run and while I like him more than Curry, Curry is far more valuable to this team.

Chandler was ineffective in the playoffs because Washington had 2 or 3 big men while we only had basically Chandler...this ended up putting Tyson in big foul trouble the whole series and limiting his minutes and hence his effectiveness.

We'd have been no better with Curry...he's a worse defender than Chandler, and without the 2nd guy, we'd still have been outgunned in the middle.

Either we need both or we need to find more firepower somewhere else. If we want to be a dominating team, we need both.