7/1 games

Guest JimH

Guest JimH

Ok, I will take this task on tonite, seeing as I'm sitting here suffering through a 9 walk performance by the White Sox.

Charlotte puts up a 4 spot in the 8th and wins 7-5. Gload 3-5 with a HR, Brian Anderson was 2-3 with two walks, and some guy named Guerrero played 2B and went 3-4. Adkins survives a rocky first inning and throws 6 1/3. Bajenaru with the save, one inning of work, he gives up 2 hits but K's 2. Box score:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...pawaaa_chraaa_1

Birmingham wins 8-7 with two hits each for Owens, Rogowski, Josh Fields, and Sweeney with a triple. Not so hot pitching, Corwin Malone gives up 10 hits in 4 1/3, looks like a nice outing for Jenks though ... 1.1 innings, 2 K's. Rogowski is hittting .332 Box:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...monaax_biraax_1

Down to Winston-Salem - they lose 4-3 by giving up 4 in the 8th, ouch. Valido 1-3 plus two walks. Frazer Dizard gave up 3 hits and 3 earned runs in 1/3 inning:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...salafx_wswafx_1

Kannapolis was rained out.

Great Falls wins 4-0, they have taken two in a row. Brandon Allen 1-4, Fransisco Hernandez (catcher) 1-3 with a double and a walk, 3B Brandon Johnson goes 2-3.

Great Falls pitching was outstanding, they gave up 1 hit. Lefthander Clayton Richard from the 2005 draft goes 5 innings with 6 K's to get the win, and very nice outings by relievers Israel Chirino and Ryan Rote, also both from this draft. Box:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...misrok_grfrok_1

And lastly, Bristol wins 12-6. BriSox pitching struck out 17, wow. Ricky Brooks had 6 in three innings worked, Tim Sabo had 5 in two IP. On the offensive side, OF Aaron Cunningham continues his hot start, he goes 3-6, Salvador Sanchez goes 3-4 with 2 rbi's. 3B Chris Carter was 3-5 with a double. Box:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...brlrok_brirok_1

Whew.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
I like the pickup of Wilton Guerrero. Now if one of our middle infielders goes down again we wont need to call up Pedro Lopez.

As long as he doesn't cork his bat I have no problem with iit. :P

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:46 PM)
He's leadoff almost everyday IIRC.

I don't think so, but he has done it at least twice. He was hitting like 5th or 6th his first rehab he's hit more towards the top of the order this time around.

Barons 8 Montgomery 7

W- LaMura L-Autrey Sv- Jenks (18)

A very exciting game a 5 run 5th was the key to the victory all started with 2 out none on Rogowski Doubled to Right, Young drew a walk, Sweeney drove a pitch high and deep to Center which I though was a homer but it was a 412 ft Triple that tied it at 4 then Aceves singled to left to make 5-4 Fields was hit by a 2-0 pitch and Blakely hit a ringing double off the LF wall both would have been long gone in Chicago. Barons Grabbed what turned to be the game winning run when Owens lead off with what appered to be triple off the RF wall but ruled a Ground Rule double instead, Gonzalez singled up the middle to score Jerry. Reynoso made things very interseting in the 8th a lead off single then a long homerun to Shawn Riggins then got a flyout then a strike out of Luis Mateo but a single to Johnny Rayburn set up an awsome matchup with Delmon Young, Razor left Reynoso in who gave up a single their next hitter is vetran Rico Washington a good hitter in his own right Jenks was called in after a 100 MPH taken strike to make a 1-2 count Jenks broke off a 12-6 and that was the end of the inning. In the 9th after a groundout and flyout Charion Isenia stood in the way first pitch was a Curve fouled off then another curve called strike, fouled a third curve off then waisted on a second 100 MPH fastball on the outside black that Isenia swung and missed at. Also to mention B.J. Lamura also pitched well. Johnathan Aceves was 3-4 Owens 2-5 and Rogo 2-4.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 02:46 AM)
Barons 8 Montgomery 7

W- LaMura L-Autrey Sv- Jenks (18)

A very exciting game a 5 run 5th was the key to the victory all started with 2 out none on Rogowski Doubled to Right, Young drew a walk,  Sweeney drove a pitch high and deep to Center which I though was a homer but it was a 412 ft Triple that tied it at 4 then Aceves singled to left to make 5-4 Fields was hit by a 2-0 pitch and Blakely hit a ringing double off the LF wall both would have been long gone in Chicago.  Barons Grabbed what turned to be the game winning run when Owens lead off with what appered to be triple off the RF wall but ruled a Ground Rule double instead,  Gonzalez singled up the middle to score Jerry.  Reynoso made things very interseting in the 8th a lead off single then a long homerun to Shawn Riggins then got a flyout then a strike out of Luis Mateo but a single to Johnny Rayburn set up an awsome matchup with Delmon Young, Razor left Reynoso in who gave up a single their next hitter is vetran Rico Washington a good hitter in his own right Jenks was called in after a 100 MPH taken strike to make a 1-2 count Jenks broke off a 12-6 and that was the end of the inning.  In the 9th after a groundout and flyout Charion Isenia stood in the way first pitch was a Curve fouled off then another curve called strike, fouled a third curve off then waisted on a second 100 MPH fastball on the outside black that Isenia swung and missed at.  Also to mention B.J. Lamura also pitched well.  Johnathan Aceves was 3-4 Owens 2-5 and Rogo 2-4.

Wow, would you consider Jenks almost unhittable at this point BHAM??

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 02:56 AM)
Wow, would you consider Jenks almost unhittable at this point BHAM??

He was tonight no one could have touched the 100 on the outside black after seeing 3 12-6 curves, When I say no one that includes Major Leaguers that pitch was sick. After the game Isenia went over to his coach and asked him what he should have done the coach said there was nothing you could have done, one of the most memorable quotes I have heard this season.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 03:08 AM)
He was tonight no one could have touched the 100 on the outside black after seeing 3 12-6 curves, When I say no one that includes Major Leaguers that pitch was sick.  After the game  Isenia went over to his coach and asked him what he should have done the coach said there was nothing you could have done, one of the most memorable quotes I have heard this season.

Awesome, I'm just very intrigued by Jenks when he's throwing 100 and you say his best pitch is his curve that's just nasty. I appreciate the info as always. :cheers

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 04:37 AM)
Ok, I will take this task on tonite, seeing as I'm sitting here suffering through a 9 walk performance by the White Sox.

Charlotte puts up a 4 spot in the 8th and wins 7-5.  Gload 3-5 with a HR, Brian Anderson was 2-3 with two walks, and some guy named Guerrero played 2B and went 3-4.  Adkins survives a rocky first inning and throws 6 1/3.  Bajenaru with the save, one inning of work, he gives up 2 hits but K's 2.  Box score:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...pawaaa_chraaa_1

Birmingham wins 8-7 with two hits each for Owens, Rogowski, Josh Fields, and Sweeney with a triple.  Not so hot pitching, Corwin Malone gives up 10 hits in 4 1/3, looks like a nice outing for Jenks though ... 1.1 innings, 2 K's.  Rogowski is hittting .332 Box:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...monaax_biraax_1

Down to Winston-Salem - they lose 4-3 by giving up 4 in the 8th, ouch.  Valido 1-3 plus two walks.  Frazer Dizard gave up 3 hits and 3 earned runs in 1/3 inning:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...salafx_wswafx_1

Kannapolis was rained out.

Great Falls wins 4-0, they have taken two in a row.  Brandon Allen 1-4, Fransisco Hernandez (catcher) 1-3 with a double and a walk,  3B Brandon Johnson goes 2-3.

Great Falls pitching was outstanding, they gave up 1 hit.  Lefthander Clayton Richard from the 2005 draft goes 5 innings with 6 K's to get the win, and very nice outings by relievers Israel Chirino and Ryan Rote, also both from this draft.  Box:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...misrok_grfrok_1

And lastly, Bristol wins 12-6.  BriSox pitching struck out 17, wow.  Ricky Brooks had 6 in three innings worked, Tim Sabo had 5 in two IP.  On the offensive side, OF Aaron Cunningham continues his hot start, he goes 3-6, Salvador Sanchez goes 3-4 with 2 rbi's.  3B Chris Carter was 3-5 with a double.  Box:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...brlrok_brirok_1

Whew.

How about Daniel Cortes last night, much better, 3 Ks in his one inning.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
He had excellent control last night threw one borderline ball (should have been a Strike).  He was outstanding

If Marte ends up being out for a little longer, I think there is a decent chance Jenks will be on the squad.

I've got some more questions about Jenks also. Does he have a consistent delivery or is that something that he really has to work on with coaches? Also, is it an easy arm motion or is it violent torque when he throws his heater? Just a couple of things I've been wondering about him for a while. Thanks in advance for anyone who can answer.