White Sox at A's 7/2 Gamethread

That ball was crushed...Paulie would have been out on a good throw there though.

A.J., I have 2 words for you here: Productive out. If you make an out, Paulie has to end up at 3rd. No matter what.

And he does. Hard hit ball up the middle, gets Paulie to 3rd. Nice play by the 2nd baseman saves them a run. Now we need a flyball or a single from ARow.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
Man, Oakland got lucky there...terrible control on the field there, Sarloos had no reason to be over there like that...it's the pitcher's job to call people off.

I disagree, that was a very good play. That was great hustle by the pitcher to get over there. Chavez and Kendall had a lot more ground to cover on that play than Saarloos did.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
Garland throwing his changeup is so pretty.  That pitch has become so good for him...

Man did he ever Chew up and spit out Eric Chavez on that 2-1 pitch, he was so far out in front of that pitch it could have been thrown by Shingo.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 01:28 AM)
Garland throwing his changeup is so pretty.  That pitch has become so good for him...

Agreed. Garland in the past used to always seem to hang (too high) that changeup in crucial spots, and usually paid for it with a 2 or 3 run homer against him. I have so many memories of Hawk just being pissed off that Garland threw a high changeup to a lefty, instead of getting beat with his sinker.