White Sox at A's 7/2 Gamethread

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 03:03 AM)
Curses are no excuse for poor play.

This being said for the 1093448457239528th time.

Nuke, I know. It just seems like everything that can go wrong, does go wrong in Oakland. I'm all for Politte staying in next inning, but I bet it will be Hermanson. Personally, I think our best bet would be with Cotts next inning, but that's just me.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 09:05 PM)
Nuke, I know.  It just seems like everything that can go wrong, does go wrong in Oakland.  I'm all for Politte staying in next inning, but I bet it will be Hermanson.  Personally, I think our best bet would be with Cotts next inning, but that's just me.

Hermey will be fine. He had his little rough patch before but he's been solid lately plus he's had plenty of rest lately.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
Curses are no excuse for poor play.

This being said for the 1093448457239528th time.

No of course it is not a curse. As Ozzie said months ago when asked if the Sox had a curse like the Cubs: He said they didn't need any curse excuses because they just had horses*** teams a lot of years. You tell it, Oz.

However, that does not mean I dismiss Oakland without concern. Curse or no curse, we haven't won in Oakland for far too long for it to be random chance. Whatever it is, there is a cause for our dismal trips there, and I will hate the idea of them playing there until they do whatever it is they need to do to start winning there.

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan