ATO: Haigwood to Bham; Wing to WS; And More

Chisoxfn

ATO: Haigwood to Bham; Wing to WS

By Jason Gage

July 2, 2005

FutureSox.com

The Winston Salem Warthogs will return a familiar face to their rotation as Ryan Wing has officially been placed on their roster. The roster spot opened when LHP Daniel Haigwood was promoted to AA Birmingham. Haigwood excelled in the Hogs rotation going 8-2 with a 3.77 ERA and was a Carolina League All Star...MORE

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 07:05 AM)
This means the Barons have 6 starters (Honel, Malone, Tracey, Phillips, Haeger, Haigwood) with Lubisich likely out for the year. Does this mean that Phillips or someone else is going up to Charlotte?

Of all of the I hope Phillips is the one that gets promoted... Honel, Malone, and Tracey definitely need to all stay at AA and I dont know 2 much about Haeger or Haigwood but I know Phillips for the most part has dominated down there and I think has seen AAA action b4.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
This means the Barons have 6 starters (Honel, Malone, Tracey, Phillips, Haeger, Haigwood) with Lubisich likely out for the year. Does this mean that Phillips or someone else is going up to Charlotte?

I doubt there will be any promotions to Charlotte as the Barons Bullpen is down to 3 and both Pollok and LaMura both threw a lot of pitches yesterday:

Inactive Players

Ryan Meaux Finger (5-10 Days)

Andy Gonzalez Ankle (Headed to DL)

Antoin Gray Personal Reasons (???)

Lubisich Shoulder (Season +)