JON EFFING GARLAND

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
Thank you, Mr. Garland.  You have proven to be a great pitcher this year, and are a lock for the ASG.  For this, I thank you.  You made the Cubs look like assholes for trading you for a marginal reliever.  For this, I praise you.

I forgot about the Cubs trade. Makes it even better.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
isnt garland due for arbitration at the end of the season not end of his contract?

Yeah next year he's Arb. eligable. Just saying if he wins like 22 games this year. He'll make more money than he's worth in arbitration.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 03:31 AM)
Yeah next year he's Arb. eligable. Just saying if he wins like 22 games this year. He'll make more money than he's worth in arbitration.

Nah arbitration wont be 2 bad, he will be due for a big raise but not as high as you think.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)

Arbitrators aren't stupid. Wins won't count as much as will his ERA. They also take his production over a two year period, and give him a comparable salary to those within one year of his arbitration status, with similar stats.

In other words, keep racking up the W's JG, it's not going to cost us that much more, and W's are way more fun than L's

The sad thing is that at soxfest this year, the Arow and Pods lines where just filled. So I was all upset because I was in the Jon Garland and Willie Harris line. Willie was rapping to himself and made some silly comment about stealing 60 bases. Jon was real cool and signed a ball for me. I thought it was going to be worthless, and made the comment to my wife. Great what is a Judy Garland signature worth, probably not as much as the stitching on the ball.

Well if he wins the Cy. It might be worth something.

Thanks for proving me and other fans wrong Jon Effing Garland. Nice job.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 09:39 PM)
The sad thing is that at soxfest this year, the Arow and Pods lines where just filled.  So I was all upset because I was in the Jon Garland and Willie Harris line.  Willie was rapping to himself and made some silly comment about stealing 60 bases.  Jon was real cool and signed a ball for me.  I thought it was going to be worthless, and made the comment to my wife.  Great what is a Judy Garland signature worth, probably not as much as the stitching on the ball. 

Well if he wins the Cy.  It might be worth something. 

Thanks for proving me and other fans wrong Jon Effing Garland.  Nice job.

I know it's early yet but if one thing stands out about a successful 2005 White Sox team its gonna be this guy.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)
13 wins is a career high for him and he still has another start before the break. 

HOW BOUT THAT!!!!!

Someone wants a big contract this coming off season.

and he deserves it....we all knew that jon was capable of this and now hes showin it :gosox3:

Arbitration rules dictate that you can't get too much right? If he was at 3.4 million this year, I am pretty sure he can't get over $7 next year although I don't know exactly how it works. A guy that young would command 4 years, 50 million from the Yankees or Sawx so I would just as soon pay him in arbitration unless he'll give you a discount for signing him now (3 yr-25)

I really hope we can tie up Garland long term, I want him and Buehrle pitching for the Sox for most of their careers. I know this is our season but this offseason I think has the possibility to be a very exciting and I think we might see a trade or 2 and hopefully with the loss of some payroll resign Garland long term too.