GAME THREAD 7-3-2005 SOX vs A's

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 05:49 PM)
No reason to burn out MB on a day where he has nothing on his pitches.  Might as well save him an extra few pitches, and bring in Viz.

Agreed, Ozzie sometimes never knows when to quit.

Hell Buehrle had nothing today, still made it to the 7th and killed himself with that error.

QUOTE(rafacosta @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 05:51 PM)
MB chokes once again in Oakland...I hate this place!

After next weekend, we are done with Oakland for the season.

After the way they've played us the past few seasons, 2-4 to this point is better than anything we've seen in a while.

We need to beat them at home 2 out of 3 next weekend.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
After next weekend, we are done with Oakland for the season.

After the way they've played us the past few seasons, 2-4 to this point is better than anything we've seen in a while.

We need to beat them at home 2 out of 3 next weekend.

All I know is this f***in place needs to be blown up.

Win or lose, we still take at least four out of six on the road trip. You say that at the beginning of it, and I'm pretty sure most people would be extremely pleased.

Just gotta go home and take care of business vs. Tampa and Oakland (again).

Rooney makes a great point.

We've played 6 times in Oakland in each of the past two seasons, yet they've only played us at home 3 times each of those years.

Someone f***ed up the schedule making process.

That's just pure bulls***.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)

We've played 6 times in Oakland in each of the past two seasons, yet they've only played us at home 3 times each of those years.

That's really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, not fair.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
God, I just wish Tampa would've not rolled over and taken at least one game from the Twins.  That makes these two losses seem even worse, as if they possibly could be.

Absolutely. Twins have a lot of confidence going now after winning 3 straight. We need Vlad and the Angels to step it up against them this week.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
Absolutely.  Twins have a lot of confidence going now after winning 3 straight.  We need Vlad and the Angels to step it up against them this week.

As AJP told me at Soxfest, worry about the White Sox, not the Twins.

The Twins aren't worrying about the White Sox.

The White Sox need not worry about the Twins.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)

I was just thinkin about that Friday. It seems like the Sox play out there a whole lot, considering the unbalanced schedule. 6 games in Oakland before any in Chicago. What gives?

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
I wasn't going to say it until that at-bat was over.

Now the game is officially over.

Go back to your regularly scheduled activities.

This is my only scheduled activity for today, now what do I do?? :crying

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
And Vizcaino still sucks.  I hate these games where there's absolutely no silver lining.  Viz has to go soon, we can't have such a terrible pitcher on our team when we're still not sure how Shingo will be.

Perhaps if we get Schmidt, we can get Eyre with him.

Oh there is a silver lining, you what it is it?? We don't have to play in Oakland anymore this year.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
Win or lose, we still take at least four out of six on the road trip.  You say that at the beginning of it, and I'm pretty sure most people would be extremely pleased.

Just gotta go home and take care of business vs. Tampa and Oakland (again).

thats what im talking about. bad games are going to happen. now lets get on a plane and go home and kick the s*** out of some d-rays. ill be there 2morrow cheering em on!

Guest JimH

Well guys this is just one of those games, Konerko was complaining about the double in the 6th inning, he thought it was foul. Widger complained too. But bad things happened and probably would've happened even if the ball was foul.

The Sox need to make sure this type of scheduling doesn't happen again too. Not making excuses but a trip like this is totally out of whack ... 3 games to Detroit, fly out to Oakland for three, and then come back and play at home on a Monday. That is some really messed up scheduling, not to mention what Rooney said about 6 games in Oakland vs. 3 in Chicago two years in a row.