GAME THREAD 7-3-2005 SOX vs A's

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
Right, over 162 games these type of games are going to happen and they just always happen when we're at Oakland.  We're just going to have to shake this off and go beat up on the Drays.  Everytime this team has a tough series they bounce back, no worries here at all.

I agree with you. Every time I think we're headed for a downfall, we put together a nice winning streak. If we lose more than one game against Tampa, then I will start to get concerned. Our offense, right now, is not very good though. We rely on the homer way too much to score.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
This game went the A's way when we had Ozuna on with a bunt hit and a steal, then we got him over to 3rd with Widgers bunt but we did not score.  Then Buerhle had a mental lapse and threw the ball away on a traditional double play where the A's scored 4 times.

I noticed that yesterday when Garland had the bases loaded he forgot about it and got the guys out.  Buerhle kept on giving up hits to all four runs to score.

Atleast we get out of Oakland tonight and we got the Devil Rays at home.

Since when did Widger become Japanese??? :P

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 06:14 PM)
He's better than Duque and McCarthy, and quite possibly better than Contreras.

No kidding, but he is not a realistic option for the reasons I stated.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
He's better than Duque and McCarthy, and quite possibly better than Contreras.

Have you seen Schmidt's ERA!? You bring him to the Cell and he'll get lit up.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 06:17 PM)
Since the Sox are scouting him considerably, he's very realistic.

Not with his option for next year, not gonna happen.

Most of this hype on both Chavez and Schmidt is Chicago media created bulls***.

I'm baffled.

Jeff Bajenaru is better than at least, quite possibly two relievers currently in the White Sox 'pen, yet he's still down at Charlotte. He's certainly better than Walker, and he's probably better than Vizcaino. If Baj came up here, I wouldn't expect domination, but I think he could give us an ERA around 4.00, which would be good enough for your sixth guy out of the 'pen.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
I'm baffled.

Jeff Bajenaru is better than at least, quite possibly two relievers currently in the White Sox 'pen, yet he's still down at Charlotte.  He's certainly better than Walker, and he's probably better than Vizcaino.  If Baj came up here, I wouldn't expect domination, but I think he could give us an ERA around 4.00, which would be good enough for your sixth guy out of the 'pen.

Why Kevin Walker ever sniffed our roster this season is beyond me.

Baj deserves a shot, hopefully we see him this year. If not, I am going to start wondering whether he is even on the Sox radar screen anymore.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)

There's rumors in SF, too. And the Sox scouts have been looking at him for a while now.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)

Chavez was definitely media created, Schmidt they have been scouting. He does have a $10.5 million option for next year with a $3 million or $3.5 buyout. If you're going to play in the World Series, 4 outstanding starters would be a huge advantage.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 06:20 PM)
There's rumors in SF, too.  And the Sox scouts have been looking at him for a while now.

What's his era after the rock job that San Diego gave him today?

He'd get shelled in the Cell.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
Why Kevin Walker ever sniffed our roster this season is beyond me.

Baj deserves a shot, hopefully we see him this year.  If not, I am going to start wondering whether he is even on the Sox radar screen anymore.

I think it's pathetic we called Walker back up after the Angels debacle. Not only that, but for Ozzie to use him in the most critical situation in the first game of this series is also pretty stupid.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 06:21 PM)
Chavez was definitely media created, Schmidt they have been scouting. He does have a $10.5 million option for next year with a $3 million or $3.5 buyout.  If you're going to play in the World Series, 4 outstanding starters would be a huge advantage.

There's only one problem.

If he was the Schmidt of the past 2 years, I'd say yes.

However, he has a 5.11 era in the NL and has already had a DL stint this year.

He is not, at least to this point, an outstanding starter.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)

Obviously they will not deal for him if he isn't healthy. If he is healthy he is an ace.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 06:23 PM)
You went from agreeing that he's better than Duque, McCarthy, and probably Contreras to this.

Duque is not pitching, McCarthy is not ready and Contreras has been great until his past 3 or 4 games.

Talent wise he is better than anyone we have.

This year he has been flat out horrible. And I follow him closely with him on my fantasy team.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
What's his era after the rock job that San Diego gave him today?

He'd get shelled in the Cell.

That's what I'm saying. Schmidt may very well be injured. He used to throw a very live fastball right around 98 and now the highest I've seen him throw is 93. NO TO JASON SCHMIDT.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)

Well boz obviously my scouting report means nothing but his stuff was good today. I was watching the game on mlb.tv and he had a fastball moving all over the place, a nasty splitty and a good late breaking curveball. Today was just one of those games pitchers have, home plate was jumping around on him and he was just 2-0 on a bunch of hitters. If the price is right, I'd personally love to have him. Once again what I think means nothing though.