7/2 Games

WHarris1

Charlotte wins; 5-2

Munoz with a nice start, picks up the W. 6 innings, 1 ER, 6 K's, 2 BB. Now got his ERA down to 3.72. Borchard goes 2-4 with his 15th homer. Gload continues to dominate, 3-5. Wilton Guerrero with 3 RBI. Baj with a perfect 9th for the save, 2 K.

BHam falls; 10-5

Honel with a QS, 6 IP-3 ER, 7 K's. Pollok got the L giving up 5 runs only 1 earned. Solid offensive attack in the loss for the Barons. Owens with 2 hits including a double. Young continues his domination, 3-4, RBI, R, SB, 2B(# 30 :o). 2 hit day for Fields, with a two-bagger.

Hogs lose 2-1

Broadway with an good start. :headbang 5 innings, no runs, 5 K's. ERA down to 2.45! Castro with 2.1 solid relief innings. 1-3 hitters Spidale, Valdio, Myers a combined 2-15. Molina with the only RBI. Lee with 2 hits.

Kanny drops game 1; 5-4

Bakker lets up 3 earned in 4.2 picking up the L. Ricks 0-2 w/ a BB. Hansen with 2 hits. Leadoff hitter Sean Smith has 2 hits with a 3 run homer in the 5th. Lucy 2-2 with a 2B and BB, up to .255.

Kanny wins game 2; 8-1

Getz with a 3 hit day! Also picked up a steal :headbang Hansen w/ 3 H, 5 for the double dip. King, Getz, Berry, Santos, Hansen (#58), McCarthy all with RBI. Egbert goes 5 strong for the W. Moat with 2 innings of 1 hit ball.

Bristol wins 8-7

Cunningham keeps hitting, 2-5, 2B, RBI, 3 K's, hitting .326. Cunningham, Swain, Sanchez, Acosta the thirdbasemen, and Welker all with 2 hit days. Acosta the shortstop with 3 RBI. Viola goes 6.2 giving up 4. Winn and Walters go 3.1 IP - 0 ER combined.

Great Falls destroyed 16-4

Don't really wanna talk about pitching - not pretty. Hernandez with his 1st bomb, hitting .533. I love sample sizes. :) Tribble with a 2B and 3B.

Hansen is one of my favorite minor leaguers. I liked him a lot when I covered Great Falls last year, and although his avg. isn't great, he does have 16 HR's with those 58 rbi's. He's definitely a guy to keep your eye on, and see if he can keep putting up numbers like he has been.

It's also good to see Munoz and, especially, Honel have good games.

Edited by dasox24

that salvador sanchez dude how quickly will he be promoted, he seems like he is such a stud and has hit in almost every game.

Also im very pleased with the Honel game he seems to be getting back on track which is good because he is one of my favorite prospects :headbang

Also anyone know anything about Fabio Castro how quickly can he move up the system he is another guy I like to watch.

Montgomery 10 Barons 5

W-Flinn L- Pollok

A good start from Honel that looked at the start to be another flop as he gave up 2 of his 3 in the first. Honel had 7 K's in 6 innings throwing 110 pitches (68 Strikes) including 17 in a row through the 2nd and 3rd. First pitcher I seen this year to have Delmon Young looking bad struck him out twice and got a 1-2 popup. Pollok didn't really have a bad 8th an infield single because of all the drying agent used on the field the ball chopped down the third baseline and instead of rolling foul when the ball came down and hit the ground the ball completely stopped never seen that happen before, then a routine DP ball was mishandled by Rogo who took his eyes off the ball then a walk on a very questionable 3-2 pitch then a broken bat flare down the LF line just fair just over Fields head that scored 2 then an intentional walk to load the bases and another routine DP on a groundball to Lopez who threw home for the out but the throw to first pulled Rogo off the bag, Next another routine DP ball on a comebacker that pollok threw a strike to Stewart but allowed the ball to tip off the top of the glove because he was trying to turn 2 before he had one that plated a 4th run Pollok the hit the next batter to bring in the 5th run and finally on the 4th DP grounder it was turned by Pollok. A 3 hit game for CY his 30th Double team record (Maggs 39). Owens 2 hits, Josh Fields is hitting a lot better 2 more hits one to right and one to left.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 03:00 AM)
Next another routine DP ball on a comebacker that pollok threw a strike to Stewart but allowed the ball to tip off the top of the glove because he was trying to turn 2 before he had one

Tom, thanks for the recaps as always... I was curious why they gave Pollock the error on that play because I thought the throw was good myself. It looked like Stewert lost his mind again late in a game (although there were a couple of other Barons who joined him...)

Hopefully we'll turn it around tonight. I really want to see these guys make the playoffs...