All Encompassing All Star Game Thread

YASNY

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
I just got home from work. I went straight to ESPN.com and checked the AL roster. I saw a bunch of names that I knew I'd see and then I saw Joe Nathan. I immediatley yelled out "JOE f***ING NATHAN, You hav got to be s***ting my, how the f*** does JOE f***ING NATHAN make it over Politte and Hermanson!"

And what the f*** did I tell you about Pudge huh? He made just as I gaurenteed.

Haha, aren't your smart? :P

You and I both know that is ridiculously bulls***ty.

BTW - you need to vote for Pods :)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
Funniest thing is Francona snubbing his own ace.

I almost s*** myself when I didn't see Clement's name on the roster. Even though it didn't open a spot for a Gacia, Politte or Hermanson.

Not to toot my own horn.

Halladay:

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
2005 Statistical Breakdow, Buehrle Vs. Halladay.

Halladay - W:11, L:4, ERA:2.4, CG:5, SHO:2, H:107, BB:16, SO:98, WHIP:0.94, OPSA:.577, BAA:.222, K/BB:5.44, BB/9:1.10, K/9:6.73, H9:7.35

Buehrle - W:10, L:1, ERA:2.42, CG:2, SHO:1, H:110, BB:17, SO:79, WHIP:1.04, OPSA:.594, BAA:.242, K/BB:4.16 BB/9:1.25, K/9: 5.80, H9:8.07

I'm just wondering if anyone can look at these stats and tell me that Buehrle is more deserving than Halladay.

It's ultra close in EVER SINGLE category. So it really is a toss up, however if you really want the more deserving pitcher to start you have to go with Halladay.

Just for the record as a Sox fan I would love to see Buehrle start the AS game but as a Baseball fan I just can't rationalize it.

IROD:

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:06 AM)
Not really. He's not having a great season, even by normal standards, plus the AL East will probably supply the two catchers.

I'm gauranteeing right now that IRod makes the AS game.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:14 AM)
I doubt it. The Yankee fans would scream bloody murder if I-Rod got in ahead of Posada, and I think Tek is winning the vote right now.

Who give a s*** what Yankee fans think? This isn't Joe Torre this is Terry Francona we're talking about.

And besides. I believe the players would vote for IRod just based on his reputation around the league alone.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)
Posada>>>IRod this year

I don't think that matters. Remember this is all IMO. I could be totally wrong (this would be the first time) I just think he gets in despite the numbers.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
I read yesterday that Garland and Buerhle made it but hadn't noticed about Konerko until today - shocked the hell outta me.

His life changed for the good when a certain fan became Queen Prawn because, IIRC, he sucked. :D :gosox1:

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 11:12 AM)
whos in the home run derby because i cant seem to find it

They said it's by country, so I can only figure a few guys.

Derrek Lee - USA

Carlos Lee - Panama

Albert Pujols - Dominican Republic

Bobby Abreu - Venezuela

Ichiro Suzuki - Japan

If anybody else knows more, add on.

Hey, I just realized Sosa isn't on the all-star team. It's about f***in' time.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)
His life changed for the good when a certain fan became Queen Prawn because, IIRC, he sucked.  :D  :gosox1:

LMAO! Let's see...then maybe I need to start denying my Jeff Burton fandom...lol! :notworthy

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 01:08 PM)
Umm you can't leave out the guy defending his title

I don't care that he's defending his title. Pujols is a much better player to sell. The guy's a better hitter and he's a saint on top of that. There's nobody better to represent the Dominican Republic. Hell, there's nobody better to represent any country.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
I don't care that he's defending his title.  Pujols is a much better player to sell.  The guy's a better hitter and he's a saint on top of that.  There's nobody better to represent the Dominican Republic.  Hell, there's nobody better to represent any country.

16416530.jpg You forgot me.

Joe Nathan an All-Star?

Dannys Baez over Jorge Cantu?

Wickman over Sizemore?

I-roid has 5 walks this year (2 are intentional) and has a pathetic OBP of .308. Carl Crawford is overrated too with his .314 OBP, Hunter has a .267 BA, and hopefully Matsui and Jeter can split the Yankee votes like Thomas and Konerko last year. Who decides who is going to final 5 for the 25th spot?

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
16416530.jpg You forgot me.

Haha, I'm so glad he's not in the game. He hasn't deserved it for years. Now it's time to get rid of Piazza.

Beltran is only there because of name recognition. And even though this year is probably better than most, the game still has a lot of undeserving players.