Your All Star Starter for the AL

Ozzie Montana

Who should start in the All Star Game for the AL?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who should start in the All Star Game for the AL?

• Garland
    • Halladay
    • Buerhle
    • Colon
    • Rogers
    • Clement
    • Jo. Santana
    • Other

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 10:37 PM)
The truth dosent go down here very well with some people.

I could care less if we deserve postion players or not. I agree we don't deserve any. This makes up for the snubs in the past.

Paulie last year

Frank 2003

Frank 2000 (but was 2nd for mvp) :headshake

Torre screwed Paulie and Frank last year by putting them both on the last ballot( splitting the votes)

Francona did it this year to the yanks. I love it!

I dont want Roger to start. I dont even want him to show up. All the media attention will be on him instead of the All Star game itself. This guy shoulda had a a far more strict punishment than missing 4 starts. Its sad how athletes are held by the hand and given lee way on everything.

Either Buehrle or Garland should start the all star game for a simple reason- THE SOX HAVE THE MOST TO PLAY FOR!! The best team in baseball doesn't have a starting position player, so a pitcher should start the game. If they want to have the all star game decide WS home field advantage, then the best team should have a starter. This is also the same reason Podsednik should get the final spot.

Or they could have the pitcher having the best season in the American League start the AS game, not to mention the fact that his team is in the playoff race, 4.5 out of the East.

Halladay. Period.

Give Jon and Mark some rest.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
Or they could have the pitcher having the best season in the American League start the AS game, not to mention the fact that his team is in the playoff race, 4.5 out of the East.

Halladay. Period.

Give Jon and Mark some rest.

I would agree with you if this didn't have advantage for the world series hanging in the balance, but it does, so if they want the best player to start then they have to take the WS home field advantage rule away.

QUOTE(palesox38 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
I would agree with you if this didn't have advantage for the world series hanging in the balance, but it does, so if they want the best player to start then they have to take the WS home field advantage rule away.

For some reason, I don't think the players get all jacked up about the WS Home Field Advantage. While it is a great honor, give them the rest and have them sit and watch. The honor is being there, not playing in the game.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
For some reason, I don't think the players get all jacked up about the WS Home Field Advantage.  While it is a great honor, give them the rest and have them sit and watch.  The honor is being there, not playing in the game.

im not saying they get pumped up, but if they want it to mean something then the best team should have a starter.

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 06:20 PM)
you can't go wrong with either of our two or halladay, I voted for Garland though just because at the beginning of the year he would have been the least likely candidate, and everybody likes an underdog.

true. All three have been good and Garland was clearly a suprise. I guess it doesnt matter if its between Garland, Buerhle, and Halladay. They all have had a hella of a year and one can argue why each should start but my brain hurts right now.